TW International Wyatt in Texas - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #21
Scramblermike
Pastel from Wyatt

Hey Wyatt,
Wanted to le you know he seems to be doing well. Not sure if he is in the grey right now or not. When was the last ime he shed for you? Also I think I said before that I got one cap off his right eye. I haven't messed with him too much lately I don't want to stress him too much. I will probably soak him here again soon. If you are serious about the baby part I will send you an email assuming I get him to produce this year. Thanks Mike

Old 11-07-2007, 04:22 AM   #23
Dennis Hultman
Wyatt, how about addressing the other thread I typed above.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #24
Scramblermike
Pastel with RI

Hey Wyatt,
Mike here in Virginia I would definitely suggest getting away from DHL. Not sure if this guy is sick because it took him two days to get here instead of one. However I have been watching him closely being that he is new to me. This morning he was blowing some bubbles and wheezing a little so I know he had an RI now as well. And his right eye looks really screwy now. I'm not sure if you were selling this guys because of his eyes or what. He is nice looking but now I have to catch with Scott Stahl and see If I cna trun him around. I would reccomend FedEx Overnight from now on. Later Mike

Old 11-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
Pink Lady Exotics
This is exactly why I posted in this thread -- I wanted you to be aware and watch your new snake carefully. Make sure to watch his weight as well, mine has dropped a lot in the past month (almost 200g). I'm really sorry yours ended up ill as well, hopefully you can get it treated ASAP.

I contacted Dr. Stahl, but didn't get any information. I was told I either had to ship the snake to them for examination, allow it to remain there for treatment, then pay for it to be shipped home. Considering vet costs in addition to the shipping costs, and the high risk of shipping a very ill snake in cold weather, that is out of the question. My other option was to pay $3.50 per minute for a phone consultation. That is ridiculous too, considering that I won't actually get any treatment out of it and would still have to go to a regular vet to get her examined and treated. So I gave up on him and contacted Dr. Scott Michaels of Serpent City (I've seen his ads posted on KS often). He gave me some great advice to print out and bring to my vet today, including what he recommends for a double-treatment to knock out this stubborn RI -- Fortaz and Amikacin every 72 hours for 2 weeks. I'm hoping this finally works!

Old 11-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #26
Wyatt
Mike and Jen

Mike,
I am sorry to hear about the sudden RI. I can attest to the fact that both yours and Jen's snakes were produced, hatched and raised by me for over two years. I have sold over 70 snakes in the past 6-9 months and most every one of them were sent via DHL. Some with heat packs and some without. To be honest, do I think that these are isolated incidents that have occured, the answer is yes. I did not know that your snake was over a day late getting to you. I went throught the last few emails that were sent to me from you and never saw anything. You started this thread inquring about buying from me, then you got your snake and appeared to be pleased with it. Then you just posted less than two days ago that he appeared to be doing fine and then all of a sudden he develops an RI.
Just the same, Jen I do not know what assistance that I can offer to you about the female het. I produced and raised her and went through hell trying to make sure that she made her way to you. Even went as far as to tell you ( as you stated ) that if she arrived dead or not at all that I would send you her sister het. Not to mention that you purchased a snake from me last year that turned out to be a very healthy snake. Now I am sorry that she developed the RI, but to read that she arrived after being lost for 3 days and then she was fiesty and fed on more than one rat without regurging, I can only assume that her RI developement was a fluke event and maybe had to do with something else rather than the method of shipping or her coming from my collection. You did state to me that you had received another snake that was not doing very well, I believe it was one you said was a rescue because you had posted it on the forum. Also that you have two CH ball pythons in your collection and it was hard to regulate your temps in your house because i was an old Fire Station. I really could not tell you the exact origin of the illness as well as Mike's. Because to be honest, she as well as Mike's have never been sick a day in her life and was being cooled for breeding.
I would like to ask that you discontinue this thread because it appears to anyone else that you are displeased with your snakes and that I sent them sick to the both of you. Which in all honesty, the both of you have already stated that you received your snakes and one was fiesty and had already fed twice and the other stated that his appeared to be doing fine on Nov, 6 and then all of a sudden of Nov 8, has an RI. So if you want my advice on what to do, I will tell you what I do with any snake that I have had that developed any bubbles or wheezing. I place them in a enclosed rubbermade container with no air holes and no water. Then I place a heating pad or heat strip under the container and the entire temp as well as ambient temp is 95 degrees for up to two weeks if needed. It has worked everysingle time that I have had to do that. Because I am not going to lie, when it comes to breeding snakes and cooling temps so signficantly that you will get the occasional RI or wheezing. So if you are looking for any advice or help on how to treat these signs and symptoms that you have developed please ask on another forum.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #27
Scramblermike
Jen,
If you get this post this evening. Put something up right away as a summary for me. I am going to see Scott Stahl tomorrow at 11 AM. I will take it with me and ask him what he suggests. I know him pretty well from my past and I am guessing he will let me know what he thinks you should do while I am there. If so I will post the info back up here for you. Hope this helps. Mike

Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #28
Pink Lady Exotics
Wyatt, I'm not sure where you came up with all of that info nor why you're bringing it up here -- what you just posted was a garbled mix of info from various threads that aren't in any way related to this issue.

Yes, I live in a modern fire station. What does that have to do with this thread?

No, I do not have trouble regulating temperatures -- my household temp is 74 controlled by a spanking new central heat/air system that my landlord put in when I moved in. My snake room temp is 78-80 during the day, 76 at night. They are all maintained in AP racks controlled by Helix DBS1000 thermostats set to keep the heat cable in the back at 92, which keeps the front end at 80-82. They don't experience any other temps. Each rack has a separate ACU-RITE thermometer that I use to make sure the temps really are what the thermostats are reading them as. I've never had any equipment fail or fluctuate. I have kept my snakes this way for 3 years and have never once had a single RI or illness until now. I do not cool my snakes whatsoever for breeding...so yet again, not sure where you got that from? Temps are now what they always have been.

I did have another snake develop an RI the same exact day that the het clown did, my vet can verify this, and she subsequently passed away despite being simultaneously treated with Baytril in exactly the same manner that the het clown was being treated. She was an established animal in my collection for months that had never been sick at any time. They were also not housed together, in 2 entirely separate racks in different areas of the room. I don't cross-contaminate, I wear gloves any time I do ANYTHING in the snake room, change them between each snake/tub, and everything is sanitized before moving from snake to snake or tub to tub -- including my hands. The only contamination would have been by air.

I did have a rescue, but other than being malnutritioned, there was nothing wrong with her. She had been here for months prior to your het clown arriving and thrived -- she was never sick at any point, never housed with these animals, and was recently sold in great health. So again, what does she have to do with this?

Also, what do my 2 CH ball pythons have to do with this issue? I have had one for 18 months, the other for almost 7 months. Both are healthy and doing great. Not sure why you brought them up?

Considering that the first female and the het clown got sick at the exact same time yet the first female had been in my collection for months without a single problem, how can you be so sure that your het clown didn't bring in an illness and it then passed to my female, both had the same couple-day incubation, then both got sick? This would be partially my fault for quarantining only in a separate rack on the opposite side of the room vs. in an entirely different room, but that's all the space in my home allows for. But the snake carrying the illness would NOT be my fault. Considering that there are now 2 recently shipped snakes from you showing up with an RI and one having a damaged eye, that wouldn't make you wonder?

As I've mentioned multiple times, I'm not asking for anything from you. In some ways I feel that maybe I should, considering that I bought an "1100g breedable female het clown" and ended up with a 900g deathly-ill female that won't touch food except the first 2 she took before getting sick. I don't see her gaining 600g in the next few months and being healthy enough to breed.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #29
Wyatt

Jen,
You pretty much need to be asking yourself the same question, and the answer is " None of what I said has to do with the original topic except for the fact that Mike had asked who had dealt with me". And you chose to continue to go into another topic about the snake getting an RI and so forth and so forth and then how odd that even though Mike stated that the snake I sent him appears to be fine on Nov 6 and then an RI on Nov 8. Now he stated that it had a stuck eye shed and now after he pulled it off that it's eye is messed up. Now I can post the pics that I have of the snake he has eye and show that whatever has happened with the eye is of no fault of mine, or I could just go and say that he did not know what he was doing when he pulled the shed off he somehow caused traumatic injury to the eye or even the cornea or sclera, but I was not there when he did it so I cannot assume.
As far as what you just stated, when I breed and cool I go from an ambient room temp of 88-90 DTH to 86 NTL and then during breeding I cool ambient room temps from 88 to 83 both DTH and NTL and keep my belly heat at 88 through out the season. So I do not know if you having those kind of temps induced anything but since you did say the other snake that you had a couple of months prior to her was established and then subsequently developed an RI but yet you practice such non cross-contamination methods of keeping and cleaning and the snakes were in two totally separate parts of the room in separate racks that if contamination had occurred that it would have had to been airborne in nature. Since that is highly unlikely, then you could only assume that since both of the snakes became ill at the same time and one did die that the Het females sickness probably had nothing at all to do with her shipping methods, and not to mention that she did feed twice. Now I am not trying to turn this around in anyway, but what I am trying to say is that this thread was originally started on Mike just asking bout who had dealt with me, and a couple came back very pleased with there purchase not to mention Steve producing Caramels from a het I sent him. All of this illness an sickness stuff has nothing to do with the original question and should be maintained on another forum dealing with RI's in general.
Now my reasoning for mentioning the CH or the rescued snake that you owned is because they are just that. They are not captive born and bred. They are produced on a farm and hatched somewhere else, so the history of there health is really un-known since they have gone through several different hands to get to you. But again, I refuse to play a blame game but with your het falling sick and then another one of your snakes falling sick at the same time and then dying and you being such a big proponent of keeping a very clean environment then it very well could be something with your environment, temps or maybe something with the mice or rats you are using. And that would entitle these issues to be addressed on another thread not including me.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #30
Griz
Wyatt, your either extremely naive or simply stupid. The most logical reason why this snake developed and RI is due to being in transit for 3 days!!! You're doing a rather pathetic job at trying to displace the blame and grasping at straws. Heck, if one is to follow your line of logic then it's just as likely that Santa forgot to shut the window on his way out and that gave the snake a ri.

Accept the fact that the RI was due to the failure of DHL. As Jen stated, she's not asking you for money and the only thing you've accomplished today is to alienate another customer. I have a feeling that Jen probably would have been a repeat customer but since you're attempting to place the onus back on her, and for what reason I can only fathom, I highly doubt she would be back.

Is it really that hard to state "Jen, I'm sorry that the carrier I chose screwed up. While that's no fault of mine here's $50 to pay for the Baytril." Is it really that hard? An individual asked for information pertaining to you Wyatt. Any response that Jen makes is more then appropriate for THIS string.

With that said, why don't you stop spending your time displacing blame and start fixing your other "bad guy" thread on this forum whereby it appears you're stealing someone's animals?? You're a real piece of work Wyatt and I'm not referring to a Monet either.

Griz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
damion wyatt, tw international