Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 41 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #401
Focal
With the address posted here and the fact that he ripped so many off, I wouldn't doubt if someone went in there and took what they felt belonged to them.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #402
The Forked Tongue
Abandoned Tegus in Panama City

I am not suggesting that the person or business described in this thread is related to certain recent events that I have been involved in. I originally posted the below thread to the BOI and was asked by a moderator to move it to a more appropriate location. My main goal is to reach out to the tegu community to let them know that if these events are one in the same, many of the tegus that were allegedly abandoned are now safe and secure. Please read my below thread in the Herps in the News section.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=394831

Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #403
Suncoast Herpetological
Given the type of Tegus and the location, not much doubt that is good old Bobby. I guess an anonymous call to animal control was too much to ask as he was beating feet. Much easier to let the animals starve till discovered.

Just when you think the low can't sink any lower.....HERE'S BOBBY!!!!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 AM   #404
laurarfl
Thank you, Forked Tongue, for getting involved and for making a statement of reassurance.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #405
Arachno
That really sucks. I'm kind of surprised no one tried to take any of them.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #406
Tmerianae
Quote:
You have misstated the facts here.

For years and years bobby was one of the good guys. He may no longer be a good guy, but for a long time he was one of the best.

He isn't now, but he was. You shouldn't try to take that away from the mess he's made of his life.
Sorry, Wilomn, I would have to disagree with your assessment. Bobby Hill was never one of the good guys. A good breeder, yes; a good guy, no. I have had the misfortune of dealing with Bobby personally: I found him to be rascist, quick to put the blame on others for his own misfortunes, visciously seeks revenge against those that don't worship him and prone to bsing and lying. For a while he ran a decent business, but even then I heard the odd story of people not getting exactly what they ordered, some getting crippled/handicapped tegus or other questionable practices. But the writing was always on the wall to anyone who could see through his stories or had questioned his expertise. Anyone who has done what he has to these tegus doesn't deserve being considered "at one time a good guy". Good guys don't do something this reprehensible.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #407
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmerianae View Post
Sorry, Wilomn, I would have to disagree with your assessment. Bobby Hill was never one of the good guys. A good breeder, yes; a good guy, no. I have had the misfortune of dealing with Bobby personally: I found him to be rascist, quick to put the blame on others for his own misfortunes, visciously seeks revenge against those that don't worship him and prone to bsing and lying. For a while he ran a decent business, but even then I heard the odd story of people not getting exactly what they ordered, some getting crippled/handicapped tegus or other questionable practices. But the writing was always on the wall to anyone who could see through his stories or had questioned his expertise. Anyone who has done what he has to these tegus doesn't deserve being considered "at one time a good guy". Good guys don't do something this reprehensible.
Bobby is proof that you are wrong.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #408
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
Bobby is proof that you are wrong.
Unless bobby ran off with his ill-gotten money to go save starving children, and also his tegus were all evil and deserved to die horrible deaths, it's hard to see how his existence could be proving his decency.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #409
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
Unless bobby ran off with his ill-gotten money to go save starving children, and also his tegus were all evil and deserved to die horrible deaths, it's hard to see how his existence could be proving his decency.
Are you also purposely misunderstanding what's been written or do your really not get it?

Old 05-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #410
hhmoore
I think we can say that, regardless of any individual's prior opinion regarding whether (or not) Bobby was a Good Guy, "recent developments" make that descriptor unsuitable. It just doesn't fit anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard