Wyatt @ T&W International...Poor Customer Service - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
CurtisF
I was thinking perhaps it would be proof later on down the road in case something goes wrong.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisF
I was thinking perhaps it would be proof later on down the road in case something goes wrong.
That's the whole issue. That piece of paper will (could) have the potential to win a court case. Bottom line is that Wyatt gives piss poor customer service and doesn't stand by his word. Sounds a lot like a company/breeder in the same area. It must be something in the water.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
gant77
I would like to add to this. He absolutely DOES NOT stand by his word. In early 2005 I place a small order for 0.10 CH Balls. He quoted me a price of 10.00 a piece which I readily agreed to. I was told to call to place the order. I make the call and get a guy who worked for Wyatt, but did not know the details of the transaction so he said let me call Wyatt to verify the info, he then asked me to call back within 15 minutes. I called back about 20 minutes later and the smae guy I had previously talked to said that Wyatt told him that he (wyatt) did not know what I was talking about. I informed him that I sent a e-mail which I received a reply from so there had to be a mistake.
I was told that he would discuss it with Wyatt and call me back. Well I never got a phone call, and got the run-around from there. I was told to call back because Wyatt was coming in and he wanted to talk to me about it, I never got a hold of him and he never tried to contact me.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #14
Hogan4Life
Since we're on the subject of problem sellers, have any of you ever bought from a guy named Trey Bell and know of his reliability? That is where I got my het albino male from. Never got paperwork...seemed like a nice guy, but then so do a lot of people.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #15
David Reid
Paperwork seems overrated

If you buy from someone you know, someone you trust, and you get a receipt, what else do you want/need?

If you buy from someone you do not know, a Het, the "paperwork" will be worthless without a picture. Go into court, say "Judge, my Het Albino did not prove out." First off, the judge will probably not know what you are talking about, and secondly, you hand him a piece of paper saying 1.o Het Albino, who is to say the animal you did not prove out was the animal on the piece of paper.

If you want KILLER paperwork, buy something from Tim Bailey of Bailey and Bailey reptiles. We did a trade, and the paperwork he sent me was awesome: Picture of the Sire, picture of the Dam, picture of the Baby, lineage, AWESOME. I try to do business with people I trust, where paperwork is more or less a receipt, BUT, I will definately do business with Tim again, based on his awesome paperwork AND quality animals. By the way, the outstanding paperwork I received was for two HOMOZYGOUS animals, not even for Hets.

Dave

Old 12-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #16
roadking
Paper work was part of the deal

It's not a matter if paper work is overrated. It was part of the deal and he didn't follow through with the deal.

Allan Shultz

Old 12-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #17
David Reid
Ok

It was part of the deal, he promised to deliver and did not. If he sent you paperwork now, would it even matter? Paperwork is only as good as who you bought from...I doubt most paperwork would stand up in court. Paperwork should have a pic included, or it is pretty much worthless. I would tell him you want to send the snake back...assuming you can get ahold of him.

Dave

Old 12-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
Dave has a point. In the words of one of the most respectable boid breeders in the business: “…as long as the paperwork accompanies the same snake…” At this point in time your options are to send a clear picture of the snake to “Wyatt”, have him sign it, and write on it that he recognizes the snake in question as his and carrying the trait with the genetics that it’s supposed to be. Now, even with all that, which animal are you going to breed the snake to? Are the genetics of the other animal properly documented? How are you going to document that the actual breeding took place and you failed to produce the visual morph? Regrettably it all boils down to the trust you may have on the seller.

Regards.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #19
David Reid
IF, and I am saying IF...

I purchased a Het from someone I did not know, and they said the snake will be shipped along with paperwork from the original breeder, or paperwork from them, assuming they are the breeder, and I did not get it, here is what I would do. Send them three emails, stating that the agreed upon paperwork, which is kind of like a guarantee, is missing, and you are requesting it. If after three emails you get nowhere, I would send an email stating that you are going to take a pic of the snake, attach all emails to the pic, any receipt to the pic, and use that as a guarantee. So, you would have a pic you took, of the snake you received, with all the emails, assuming some stated what the snake was, ie: Het Albino male, then you have at least tried to cover yourself in case of the Het not proving out. But, prior to all this, if after the second email you send asking for the paperwork, you get no email back, I would call them and ask for a full refund....the pic taking is just if you get no email or phone call back from them. Kind of like making your own paperwork, better than nothing .....maybe?

Dave

Old 12-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #20
gmherps
Good point Dan. What good is a man whos word is shit?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
damion wyatt, tw international