drinking/eating/lost water-help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #1
Rescue_Herps
drinking/eating/lost water-help

ok- we got a little bity retic in a week ago. When we brought her in- she went straight in the hide and HID!! I haven't seen her again until tonight.

She's in decent health- she's dehydrated and a bit skinny and has a lot of shed left on her but is gentle.

I saw her out moving around so I grabbed a fuzzy out of the freezer- thawed it and offered it- she grabbed it and ate it up! I came back a bit later and she had found the water dish and was drinking- when i stopped to look at her- she popped up and wanted more- so I got another fuzzy and brought it to her- she grabbed it and when she curled around it- water went everywhere- I thought it was in the mouse fur but its slimy and way too much.

I certainly didn't want to take the 2nd fuzzy from her so i let her be.
This has been 15-20 minutes ago and she hasn't lost any fuzzies.

Should I be worried about the water re-gurge?

Thanks

Old 08-06-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
hhmoore
No - it isn't all that uncommon, actually. I have had snakes do the same thing after being soaked...I lift them out of the container, and water just starts pouring out of them. It doesn't even seem to be a regurg, in the strictest sense...almost seems like venting the overflow. In the future, just allow more time between drinking (or soaking) and feeding/handling

Old 08-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
juggalo
agreed. the first time it happend to me i had given my big male burm a bath and was carrying him back to the snake room and i felt wet all down my back i looked and it was like a snake fountain or a giant snake supersoaker i got scared as hell and did not know what to do i called a friend and it was late woke him up freaking out and then he explained that it was nothing to worry about.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
Rescue_Herps
lol- a super soaker- sounds about right.

thanks- I had NO idea she had drank that much- shes curled up in the bowl this morning- looks thousand times better- that shed has come off and shes got a big plump section- looks good.

I was really freaking out- i'd had the bigger girls loose water after the bathtub but this was close to 1/8 of a cup probably

she seems fine this morning- thanks for the reply- i love this site- so much better than kingsnake-

Beth

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!