Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - Page 38 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #371
dsirkle
This thread should serve as a lesson to all that when you purchase anything on line your payment should always be made with a credit card ,never a check,debit card or money order.The law provides for a timely (immediate) refund when you have not received what you have paid for by placing the transaction in contest regardless of any sacred policy of the merchant.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #372
johnriz
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Has anyone dealt with Adam recently and if so how did it go?

Thanks

Adam has been great to me. I bought an albino boa from him had it for like a month when it regurged. I waited a few weeks and it did it again then died. I am sure it was my own falt because i think i was feeding him too big of food. Adam then sent me another albino for well under market value. He didnt have to do anything but he did. The albino was also pos het for squarettail which if he proves out will be worth way more than i paid. Adam waited 7 months for me to finally pay for the albino and kept in contact with me the whole time. He really is a good guy.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #373
Laura Fopiano
John, did you have a necropsy done? Snakes don't normally regurge twice and then fall over dead.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #374
The BoidSmith
Is this guy in business with Mike Brooks?

Thanks.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #375
johnriz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
John, did you have a necropsy done? Snakes don't normally regurge twice and then fall over dead.

nope did not have a necro done. Sorry I will clarify myself. He regurged the second time then after a few days started acting very lethargic. I took him to the vet and was told that he was dehydrated. I tried soaking him and the next morning he was pretty lifeless and he ended up dying that night. I am very certain i didnt wait long enough in between feedings and also fed him too big of a meal which caused his demise. I have definately learned alot since then.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #376
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriz
I am very certain i didnt wait long enough in between feedings and also fed him too big of a meal which caused his demise. I have definately learned alot since then.
Not waited long enough? A few weeks should have been MORE than long enough for the snake to recover, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriz
I waited a few weeks and it did it again then died.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #377
John E Dove
Now this is just my opinion based on the information we have received up to this point.
If these people just showed up unbidden, as a group or singly, and started with the lies & excuses to get custody of these snakes they are lower than Cynomya mortuorum larva.
As for expecting the family to come on here and wade through all this, I don't believe it is a reasonable idea at this time as anyone who has lost a close loved one can attest to. They are suffering so much stress due to their loss etc they really do not need this added to it.

I know this post has made me grateful that I am training my wife on the care of my animals and that she is fully involved in the business end.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #378
John E Dove
Aw poop, I thought I was posting to a different thread above

Old 01-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #379
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
Aw poop, I thought I was posting to a different thread above
LOL just gonna say... oops!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #380
johnriz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Not waited long enough? A few weeks should have been MORE than long enough for the snake to recover, IMO.

its possible it wasnt long enough or maybe it was. its also possible I didnt wait a few weeks because it was a long time ago. All i know is the snake was eating fine every 4 or 5 days til the first regurg and that is the same point when i bumped up the size of prey. i probably should have fed a smaller meal the second time but i didnt and he regurged again. All i Know is i got a new albino for 300 shipped after the one i had died after in my care for over a month. Adam could have easily said too bad and have a nice day but he didnt and for that i am a happy customer. I dont know adam personally but for me i was satisfied with the transaction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!