Tony Hurts Genetic Guarentee??? (HETS) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #81
Susan S.
Hello Paul,
I just came across this thread on the problems with the het albino from Tony Hurt. I am really surprised that Tony did not make things right immediately. That is what should have been done. I have bought from Tony and met him at the Expo in Daytona. I thought he was a nice guy, up front and a decent breeder. He is a professional person who has a careet aside from reptiles and usually that makes for someone who is professional across the board. And Paul, you and I have had some dealings as well and I know that you are a fair and honest person.

Tony Hurt should have honored his guarantee......verbal or not.....it is his reputation that is on the line. Fair is fair. He should refund you the money you paid him for the het Albino and send you a female Albino to replace her.

If one is a reputable breeder, one would stand behind any and all sales made regardless of whether they were baby balls, 100% het Albinos or het anythings. I care about my animals and I provide excellent care for them while they are here. When they are sold, I will make guarantees based on my observations of their progress and what I know to be their genetics. I will always stand behind my animals and if something like this comes back to question me, the only way to uphold my reputation is to honor the guarantee I gave at the time of the sale.

Paul, I do have a 100% het Albino from Tony Hurt. I bred her this season with a 100% het male (proven) but she did not become gravid. You can bet that I will be certain to breed her this year with my Albino to see what comes. We will see.

Paul, I hope this all works out for you. The good thing is that you do have 100% hets from the breedings and at least that is something.

If I can help in any way, let me know. Sorry this all came down on you.

Susan
SSNAKES Reptiles
www.ssnakes.com

Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #82
wyblep
Hi Susan thank you for the kind words. So you have a het from Tony. What year is it? Did he produce it? And did he give you any kind of guarantee? Paul

Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #83
Susan S.
Paul,
Now that I look closely at the paperwork received from him with the het, I see it was produced by Joe Dembinski. It is a 2003 100% het high contrast....well, from a high-contrast male to a het female. Joe records on a "proof of genetics" that out of five eggs he got 2.1 Albinos and .2 hets. Dembinski refers to the "Line" as being Bob Clark. I have a copy of the KS ad Tony posted and on it he did say it was produced by Joe.

Paul, we have been down this road together before, haven't we? Why can't people just be honest? Don't they realize it will eventually come back to haunt them?

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles
susan@ssnakes.com

Old 05-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #84
wyblep
Yes it most certainly will lol. I hope you have a great season. Take care Paul

Old 06-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #85
lanceheads
Paul,

Has Tony made good on your snake?
Has he contacted you and everything is okay now?
Just wondering.
Randal Berry

Old 06-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #86
hypoboas13
Is he still in business with Pat Chandler (Wildfire Reptiles)?

Old 06-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #87
wyblep
Hello Randal to answer your question, No Tony has not done anything for me. He did send me a few emails stating that he would buy back the female for my purchase price but thats all he is offering. I did agree to that and asked him to send me a refund and I would ship the snake back to him and then refused. He said I would have to send the female back first and I asked him to please send the refund and I would send out the snake and he would not do it. He said take it his way or get nothing. To be honest with you I dont trust him anymore at all. And I will not ship the animal first because if he does not give me the refund then I am out even more money for shipping her and then I will be out of a adult female also. Paul

Old 06-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #88
hypoboas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyblep
Hello Randal to answer your question, No Tony has not done anything for me. He did send me a few emails stating that he would buy back the female for my purchase price but thats all he is offering. I did agree to that and asked him to send me a refund and I would ship the snake back to him and then refused. He said I would have to send the female back first and I asked him to please send the refund and I would send out the snake and he would not do it. He said take it his way or get nothing. To be honest with you I dont trust him anymore at all. And I will not ship the animal first because if he does not give me the refund then I am out even more money for shipping her and then I will be out of a adult female also. Paul
Tony is not well liked around the herp shows.
Too many fake hets and WC being passed off as CBB.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #89
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoboas13
Tony is not well liked around the herp shows.
Too many fake hets and WC being passed off as CBB.
What's your source on this?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #90
lanceheads
I would like to know his source also.
Tony has vended at my past shows and we never had a complaint about him.

Randal Berry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!