Lighting PVC Cages After Market - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
LittleGrayTiger
Lighting PVC Cages After Market

What are some good ways to light PVC cages for ball pythons and leopard geckos? I bought the cages eight years ago, so choosing lighting and letting the builders install isn't an option. I'm currently looking at color-switchable LED light strips, so that I can choose between using red and white light (cleaning is easier with full spectrum), but I'd like to hear what you all have done to light your cages.

I realize that nocturnal reptiles don't need light, but it's helpful during feeding time, to check quickly on everyone, and when I need to clean the cages. My house doesn't have a lot of ambient light.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:30 AM   #2
mwentz
Good Idea!

I didn't think of using the led light strips. I imagine that you could run the strips along the bottom corner along the wall of each rack slot. It wouldn't be the most efficient, but if you had a white rack, more light would be reflected into the tub.

I would imagine you could also rout out a slot and and light each tub with an led from above.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
ncphinsfan13
I use a blue "moonlight" LED strip I purchased from Dr. Foster & Smith online. It was around $10 and I use it for transition lighting during the evening/night. One 3 bulb LED strip lights a 36 x 24 x14 enclosure quite well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, cages, diy, leopard gecko