White tadpole/toad - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
hastyreply
White tadpole/toad

I found a white tadpole when I was collecting tadpoles who were in a water source that was drying up. I was just feeding them to my fish and giving some to some children to watch etc. I discovered a white one is the last bunch I collected. It is about to be a toad, and I've been trying to keep some of the others alive with little luck. They will only eat moving food and the only thing small enough for them is ants. I set up a place outside and at least one seems to have survived there. There is an endless supply of little ants in there. I'd like the white one to survive but it's been pretty hit or miss if they survive. They are just common little toads that we have here in Central Tx [IMG][/IMG]

Any suggestions of how to keep him alive?

Old 09-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
hastyreply

This is how tiny the toads are when start out.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
Ed Clark
How is the little white tad doing?

Old 09-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
I seen the same thing about 12 yrs ago, however I was fortunate to have about fifty hatch out. They were indeed albino Bufo Americanus. I took pictures and set them free. They were in my small koi pond. They love eating daphnia, which can be easily gathered at a pond with a flashlight at night.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!