Rankins! Who keeps em? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
MAKEitSNOW
Rankins! Who keeps em?

A local guy I met told me he had some Rankins eggs cooking... I currently keep a small collection of beardies and am intrigued by these guys. I've done a bit of research but wanted to get your guys' expertise!

1. Is the husbandry practically identical to the beardies?

2. Do they have similar personalities?

3. Are there any morphs out?

4. Can they hybridize with beardies?

Thanks for any info you can give me!

Jack

Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
born2ride#56
Ive heard they are close to beardies in a smaller form. Ive heard they can be bread with beardies but i dont know much about them. Im also looking for some to add so GL!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Brothers' Dragons
This is only what I've read from books, but maybe it will help.
The rankins dragon(also called the Lawson's Dragon) is the smaller cousin of the inland bearded dragon.They only grow to be about half the size.
The care is almost identical, they like the same food, but like dryer and hotter basking spots. They also like places in their cage that they can squeeze into. In the wild they go into tight spaces and puff up so their predators can't get them out.
It is easy to get them to breed but the rankins males are much rougher than the inland bearded dragons. They will drag the female around the cage and if left in the cage for to long, the female can die from the male dragging her around and biting her. This is why it is harder to breed them.
They suffer from more health problems than the inland, mostly because they've been inbred because only some where imported from Australia before exportation laws came into effect. So do some research on their health problems before getting one.
Hope this helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!