Damian Macioce Selling TSE Hets -- You Decide - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Jim O
Damian Macioce Selling TSE Hets -- You Decide

The background on this thread came from a thread on another user, Damion Wyatt, a known scumbag, to whose side and support came one Damian Macioce. It turns out that in reviewing Damian Macioce's website he recommends as references known scumbags such as Chris Johnson, Sal Tornambe, and Matt Greybeal. That isn't really the worst of it. It seems that Mr. Macioce has flipped some "100% het albino" Ball Pythons that originated from Chris Johnson/TSE. When confronted with this Mr. Macioce's response was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasio
And again as I said those hets were backed by TSE paperwork the person I sold them to knew I didnt produce them and I havent heard from them. Not saying since I didnt produce them that its not my fault but they were sold to him before the TSE scandal went down.
So apparently Mr. Macioce believes that he bears no real responsibility in this situation, not to notify the buyers (he hasn't heard from them after all), not to offer a refund, not to make any compensation.

Maybe I'm way off base here but I'm of the opinion that he should be buying these snakes back for at least what the buyer(s) paid. Short of that, notifying the buyer(s) without waiting to hear from them would be what an honorable seller would do.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
critical bill
Get ready for the ride of your life Damian.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
dmasio
As stated in the other thread that spawned this the hets were sold literally weeks after recieving them and way before the TSE scandal came to light. And if the person I bought them from will come forward I will make the situation good. I have nothing to hide no bad deals thats why my phone number is on my website Im only a phone call away. And as far as the references from my site go they are old and havent been updated to remove the people that are some of the bottom feeders such as Matt Greaybeal that I did recieve everything I bought from him but was ALWAYS weeks later, Chris Johnson who of course everyone knows that situation and Im sure Im not the only one burnt by him so anyone else that has dealt with him must be a bad person in the great Jim O.'s eyes as well. But Sal Tornambe I had no complaints about and can say I bought my very first trio of normal bp's from him but dont condone what he did to others. Hope this helps

Old 11-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
critical bill
Do you have records of the transactions to verify and support your explanation that they were sold prior to the Chris Johnson het scam?

If not, do you have any links to any thread here or on any other reptile related websites trying to locate those who may have purchased fake hets from you?

Call me silly but I believe you should do all you can before simply shrugging your shoulders and calling it a rather profitable....rrrrr....unfortunate situation.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
dmasio
Like I said your right Im going through all the shipping papers I have been keeping to see if I can find who I sold them to or who I traded them to I really dont remember but it doesnt make it right. I have had to replace my pc about 6 months ago because my oldest son downloaded something that had a nasty virus that locked up my computer and I have been keeping my dhl, fed ex, and delta papers. That why I said if the person happens to see this they can call me or post here. Also I will go back in the ad section to see if I can find when I had them up for sale but I dont know how long this site keeps those things around. But trust me I try to not follow in others footsteps.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
jasballs
Those ads where from 2 years ago! You guys are getting a little carried away now... Move over CIA!!! Lmao.....

Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
Jim O
Damian,

I find it troubling that it took my challenging you and bringing it here before you took any action with respect to those "hets" that you sold. And your first response seemed to indicate that you had no intention to take any action whatever, so long as the person did not contact you. I don't believe that you "honestly have never even thought about it". I think that you hoped it would never come back to bite you in the butt.

As for whether dealing with scumbags makes you one, that answer is no, it does not necessarily. Supporting scumbags and listing them as personal/business references does tend to make one question you though. Your friend Wyatt has enough bad guy threads here to convince many readers that he is not an honorable guy. Reporting honestly on a good transaction is no problem, but defending his current practices may cross the line. I hope that you see the difference. Oh, and do yourself a favor and update your website.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Those ads where from 2 years ago! You guys are getting a little carried away now... Move over CIA!!! Lmao.....
I don't think its getting carried away at all John. Since when have we placed time restraints or limitations on folks who have been scammed receiving satisfaction? Someone paid for real hets and got fakes.

After all this time of him doing absolutely nothing to rectify the situation it took an unrelated thread to push him in the right direction to actually begin doing something.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
jasballs
Oh, and do yourself a favor and update your website.

CLASSIC!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
dmasio
LOL Im trying to update my site right now Jim I do appreciate you bringing that to my attention but its a freewebs website and I cant remember the password so I have to wait for them to email it to me. And again I was not defending Wyatts business with Jen and Joe I even tried to help Joe when I spoke to him on the phone and tried to call Wyatt and ask him to return Joes snakes. I think thats what kicked off him making it right with Joe Im not sure though. Again Im not personal friends with Wyatt I have had a few purchases from him that went ok the only people I actually consider my friends in this business and not just happy aquaintances are Brian BHB Barcykz who has been to my place a few times and we have had dinner a few times together, a guy name John Bortel who has been to myplace a few times, and my best friend Jared Carr who lives just a few blocks from me. Im not saying that people I meet at the shows arent my friends persay but I see friends as people you take to a few times a week and you frequently see. Again honestly I havent a clue who I sent the "het" snakes to I searched th 102 pages of ball pyhton ads that were as far back as 8-03 and cant find where my ads are and I know it was in that period somewhere. But the BOI is the best tool a person has before buying an animal thats where I look before I bought from people like Chris, and Matt but not Sal that was my first purchase and didnt know about this place. If I have forgotten to address anything let me know again you can always call.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!