Damian Macioce Selling TSE Hets -- You Decide - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #31
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Bye Hun! Till next time! Burn all the good guys at the stake.. While I'm gone..
Then But plug the scumbags! Fauna Rocks!!

Hey, i remember when you posted this: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=178

I have a question. How did you get to know him so intimately to make him send you emails like that?

Old 11-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #32
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Bye Hun! Till next time! Burn all the good guys at the stake.. While I'm gone..
Then But plug the scumbags! Fauna Rocks!!
I'm not your Hun, John. If you're gay thats perfectly OK by me, but I'm not. Try to remember that until your sex change operation is complete, that you still have testicles, however small they may be, and it would hurt if you got kicked in them making such advances to someone less understanding then me.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #33
John E Dove
Mr. Macioce, (Formal Polite)
You do not seem to understand that if you are part of the Reptile Hobbyist/Breeder/Dealer community and if you deal, in any way, dishonestly with someone it reflects on the community as a while. Someone burned by you is less likely to deal with anyone else, a negative article about you hurts us all, and if you willingly and openly commit a crime it reflects on all on the honest people as well.

BTW, I noticed on your web site that you list a phone number. If you are selling anything, and that number is not a cell phone number, your phone company could come after you for back payment at a business rate since the web site does make it look as though you are running a small business because you did not note that it is a “Home Phone”. (Just a heads up to keep you from getting burned)

Old 11-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #34
John E Dove
it reflects on the community as a whole.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #35
dmasio
Well I didnt know about the phone thing and I thank you for the heads up yes its my cell phone and Ive had that number for a few years now. But again when you say I willingly commit a crime which I havent if someone reads only that part of the thread it makes me alone not you or the community look bad so again I would greatly appreciate you refraining from slandering me as I have clearly done nothing wrong to you or anyone else intentionally. And this thread has taken another bad turn with people name calling and getting off track I think Jim being the boss man needs to do something about it.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #36
ToshaMc
I'm just wondering at what point would it have been appropriate for Damian to notify his customer that there might be a problem with the hets? Would it have been when people started questioning the hets? Would it have been when the first few small clutches were hatched without morphs? Or perhaps when the lawsuit was underway? Because up until this season most of us with the hets were still holding out hope that our hets might prove.

I can't speak for Damian's frame of mind - I don't really know him - but what I do know of him - he doesn't strike me as a scammer material - I could be wrong. But I do believe he sold those hets honestly. That he doesn't update his web page, that he doesn't keep good records and that he didn't immediately jump on the band wagon notifying people there might be something amiss with their hets - doesn't mean he is perpetrating fraud. He might be slow or absent minded - perhaps unthinking - but I see no evidence of fraud.

He has now publicly notified anyone that might have those hets to get in touch with him so he can rectify the situation - according to the statement that it doesn't matter if it's been 8 days or 8 months - this should put him back in good standing. Lets keep the gallows open for the real scammers.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #37
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasio
Well I didnt know about the phone thing and I thank you for the heads up yes its my cell phone and Ive had that number for a few years now. .
That is great; I’d hate to see anyone nailed for that. They charge substantially more for business rates with no more service and the back charges can really hurt even if you are ignorant of the rules as I learned 12 years ago, the hard way. Now I use a cell as my business phone also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasio
But again when you say I willingly commit a crime which I havent if someone reads only that part of the thread it makes me alone not you or the community look bad so again I would greatly appreciate you refraining from slandering me as I have clearly done nothing wrong to you or anyone else intentionally. And this thread has taken another bad turn with people name calling and getting off track I think Jim being the boss man needs to do something about it.
First I would point out that I said “if you willingly and openly commit a crime” not that you had, though your failure to do a recall on the fraudulent sales you inadvertently made might possibly be considered a crime.
Second I would suggest you get out your dictionary and look up the difference between Slander and Libel.

As for getting off track I do not believe that discussing subjects possibly related to your lack of ethics is off track since the topic of this thread is about your selling false hets then failing to notify your customers when you learned about the fraud you unwittingly participated in.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #38
critical bill
Hey Damian, how did you sell the TSE hets? Was it listed on your website or listed on a classified site?

Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #39
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Hey Damian, how did you sell the TSE hets? Was it listed on your website or listed on a classified site?
Never mind, I believe you stated they were sold here.

When you came to learn that the TSE hets were fakes, why didnt you post something in the general business discussion forum attemtping to notify those customers? Why didnt you post something on your own website?

Just seems to me you werent ready to do the right thing until this thread started.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #40
greenmansgeckos
Exclamation

hey can you guys help me get an account on this classy site. Bet a guy can meet some great people, maybe make some friends and do a little business on a great site like this.
for all the evils could you find an ignorant thread like this on that other site?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!