Computer Dead - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Computer Dead

did the computer area die? was there ever one? ive forgotten now..

Anyway...

Basically, My computer is dead.( AGAIN! ) I think its the hard drive again, but quite possibly the mobo instead. Not sure. ( i will be calling Western Digital to have a... yelling contest with them, and quite possibly weasel a free hard drive out of it in the process... maybe. hopefully. though pretty unlikely i will still give it a shot if it is in fact the HD. ( will hook that up to another computer just to see if it detects it on one of those...) I cant really call Asus, since the board is a bit older. ( three or four years now)

Im not really an expert on computers( i know enough to scoot by, and... kinda know what im talking about) , but since im pretty much on my own with this crap im going to need a few, or one! computer savvy peoples help. ( If you PM me, ill give out my phone number cause i dont know how much i will be online. i really... need this thing! , sad as that is, i live on my computer...)

What should i be looking for? Listening for? Should i just boot the thing out the window? im half ready to take a sledge hammer to it.

I tried unplugging the HD*IDE from the Mobo to the HD*. Seeing if it would at least show me the booting stuff, no go. (Normally, that stuff should show up right? and then it would freeze after didnt detect a HD? i think thats how it goes)
I tried reattaching and nothing still. I will next play with the CD/DVD drives... just because.. Ill also remove the video card. just in case. kinda try to narrow it down.

Im really at a loss... Much needed help thank you to all who suggest anything helpful at all! <3 - Alicia

Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
okay got it at least so i can enter Cmos and such. so. its the HD.

now... for the fun....

Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
I MADE IT LIVE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....... it was the HD. possibly bad IDE cable. dunno. bad connectors. but... its in windows....

Old 10-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
sorry. im just kind of posting as i go....something to do.

Seems the HD IS going. but. it may be bad sectors. ill run spin rite and see what it comes up with. if i have any luck, ill still be able to use the rest of the drive and save what data i have on there, before i have to buy a new one.

It makes me sad to see a WD HD doing this.....

Old 10-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
IloveSnakes1234
Well you're posting to yourself.. Did you help you?

Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
Well you're posting to yourself.. Did you help you?

lmao. well right now im the only person i know that knows at least something about computers. so....maybe... but...i AM crazy

just being random, and hoping someone can help me along.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Spinrite got through the windows partition alright, now its on my storage partition and i will know in four days time, or there abouts.

Is it possible it could be my voltages ( IE power supply?? you would think that if it WERE something like that, i would be noticing problems alot sooner? i wont rule it out... but....) i guess im going to just keep talking to myself here!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
LadyOhh
Uhmmm... YES!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!