HELP!! What should I do if FedEx has Delayed my Package? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Beardie_Guy
HELP!! What should I do if FedEx has Delayed my Package?

Hello,

I was supposed to be receiving a shipment of geckos this morning from Fedex. When they didn't come by 3 I called FedEx customer service and they informed me the geckos are still in Memphis TN and will not be delivered until tomorrow. What should I do in this situation? I mean, do I have any other choice than to wait until tomorrow? On top of this they never offered to help in any way, except that they are sorry. Wow.

Thanks

Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
bsharrah
Nothing you can really do other than plan for a long night of anxiety. Temps look good in Memphis though so I would try not to be too concerned. Have you attempted to track it online? Based on the online info, how was it shipped and what did it state as the cause for delay?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
Beardie_Guy
Yeah it seems that way :/

Well, The information does not say why it was delayed, I didn't even know until I called, actually. The package is departing and on a plane, at least, so no extremes at least. I called and they said it would be delivered first thing and she put priority, perishable on it so I'm hoping that goes smoothly. They said only that it missed its flight in Memphis. The package came from Seattle, but I don't see that as a reason for their terms to be void. I know he even dropped it off at the airport and it still didn't make it. It was shipped priority overnight. I'm just starting into breeding and it seems like Fedex is giving me nothing but grief, and it's making me wonder if they are going to be the best shipper for me to use in the future if I've had so many issues with geckos coming to me. Like you said, temps seem fine, so I'm hoping all works out. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
bsharrah
IMO, FedEx is the best shipper overall but that doesn't mean they are perfect. Have you notified the shipper so they are aware of it? If the seller is respectable, they will guarantee live arrival regardless of carrier issues.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Briscoe007
I have had something similiar to this ocurr twice, which is a very small percentage of the shipping that I have been involved with. On both occasions I was able to get the direct number to the actual location that the animals were stuck at. I spoke with a location supervisor who assured me that the animals would be moved into a climate controlled office until they were loaded the next morning. It took a little bit of persuasion to get the numbers that I needed, but I was able to get it done. I really feel like once i was actually speaking with people outside of the call center that everyone did their best to make sure the animals were safe.

My shipping fees were also refunded in full both times (though that was the least of my concerns).

Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
hhmoore
Check your tracking info to see when the package was scanned in originally, and when it departed. The fact that the shipper dropped off becomes meaningless if the deadline for express shipping was missed (you can check the drop off times for any given station on fedex.com)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!