What male should i use? *PICS* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
Snakebyt
What male should i use? *PICS*

i am getting ready to breed this female but i am trying to decide what male i want to breed her to.

here is the female

here is the first male i am thinking of breeding her to. A tangerine albino

and here is the second i am considering. I will be recieving him tommorow.

If i breed her to the second male posted, no doubt they should be nice offspring, with nice orange coloration. And he seems to be from a strong bloodline. He is 8 months old and 72 grams!

but if i breed her to the tangerine albino the offspring should also have nice coloration, but i wonder how many body spots the babies will end up with? I wonder how dominant the hypo will be.

not sure who i should breed her to.... any suggestions?

Old 04-05-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
KelliH
ohhh i would breed her to that albino male!

Old 04-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
nice!!!

Ditto!

Old 04-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #4
Uffern
I would breed her to the second male, THEN breed the offspring to the albino.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:21 PM   #5
screamdreams
Wow!!

What a beautiful group of animals. I'd have a hard time deciding myself. The female is gorgeous, and the males are incredible!! I'm sure you'd do well with either, and as much as I hate to have to pick one, I'd hit her with the second male, no - go for the Tangerine Albino, no - go with the... let us know what you decide!!

Old 04-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
beakgeek
I'd like to see what would happen if you bred her with the second male first then bred those offspring to the first male. They are all beautiful!

Regards,

Terry

Old 04-05-2004, 11:14 PM   #7
robin d.
if the second male pictured is that outragiously orange and viberant i say the tang... otherwise go with the albino

Old 04-05-2004, 11:41 PM   #8
Snakebyt
Quote:
Originally posted by robin d.
if the second male pictured is that outragiously orange and viberant i say the tang... otherwise go with the albino
well i will know tommorow morning exactly what he looks like. Ill take some pics and post them so you can all see what he looks like.

Im want to breed her to the albino male, i just dont know how "hypo" they would come out.. from looking at both of them the offspring should have great orange coloration, but it would be really nice if they didnt have any body spotting. Im leaning tward the albino right now just because i want some orange hybinos, but we will see.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:00 PM   #9
riverjop
nice group!

I would breed her with the second male (zorro) (rics) first then maybe next season try the smaller albino!

Old 04-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #10
diablohogs
Lightbulb i would...

cross the Rics male with the "sfgeckos/kellih looking" female. they are both super hypo tangerine but they are from relatively different lineage. they will make some really nice offspring. the albino male doesnt even look ready to breed. so breed him to her next year to produce tangerine hypos het for albino or better yet incubate for female and cross the nicest one from your first breeding of the RicsXsuperhypotangct to the tangerine albino male next year.

good luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!