Good Bussiness but bad ethics ?? The Wheeler Dealer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
JBirgel
Stop! Good Bussiness but bad ethics ?? The Wheeler Dealer

There are a couple of these guys in the business, People that come across special animals and resale them for special pricing either openly or behind "Closed Doors". How do you fellow board members feel about this type of business person??

Old 08-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
ExoticsExpress
I know I dont like it when threads on the BOI don't seem to belong. Unless you have had an actual transation with one of those "guys" you are referring to and want to post it either a positve, bad, or neutral experience, there is no need for this on this part of the site. This is meant to be discussion of actual people/companies and the feedback from the customer that did business with them, not a "in general" talk about the selling of reptiles. Take care!

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
JBirgel
I disagree I feel that getting a general idea on tho BOI can eventually be included into the Good Guy Stamp of approval.

There are People that are Honest with Money but down right shaking the market down. How do you differ who you want to do business with if they show up as a "Good Guy" but are otherwise hurting a market.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
ExoticsExpress
I disagree, this is meant for actual transactions, not general ideas and thoughts of what "good business and good ethics" are. There are other forums to discuss those "topics", this is an actual person feedback area. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets ripped or locked.

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 08-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
romad119
This doesn't belong here, I'm sure it will get moved to the appropriate discussion forum.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
ExoticsExpress
I understand what you are saying and it is definitely a great topic, but there are places for everything, and the Board Of Inquiry isn't the place for opinions and personal thoughts of the business as a general, but specifically companies, customers, and private sellers who are here to report on past transactions. In this case, no transaction has been taken place, so no thread needs to be.

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 08-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
hhmoore
No, John, this thread is not appropriate to the BOI - the reason WHY is clearly seen in the TOS
Quote:
Posts on the BOI will need to be in a format that will allow a reader to quickly find what they are looking for. Topic lines should display the name of the person or business that the message is concerning. Please make it easier on the readers by letting them know whom or what your message is about without having to open it to find out.

Optionally, something like (BAD GUY), (INQUIRY), (INFO), or (GOOD GUY) can follow the name. Something like: Joe Blow's Bargain Basement Bullets (GOOD GUY). Simply stating something like "Avoid this guy!" on the topic line is completely useless as it requires someone to open your message just to see what in the world you are griping about.
The TOS, for any that might need to review them, can be found at http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ervice#faq_tos

Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
BryonsBoas
This thread should've been posted in the General Business forum or Soundoff forum. Good idea for a topic , wrong spot to post it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!