Miamiherps02@aol.com - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2002, 12:14 PM   #31
CheriS
Currently on their site now is just the name with a few snakes coiled in and this

Quote:
Due to some technical cry babies we are currently under - construction!

Old 12-15-2002, 12:30 PM   #32
WebSlave
Arrow

I have requested that Miamiherps post their real names in the messages they posted, especially since they have two login names pretty similar. As such I also requested that they drop one login name and use only the other. I have seen far too many instances of 'partners' claiming it was the *other* guy that made the promises.

Apparently they weren't happy with my suggestions and say they will not use my site again.

I am crushed.

But be that as it may, I will leave their responses in this thread, even without their full names attached. I think it is more instructive if their own words remain here.

Old 12-16-2002, 01:56 PM   #33
John Albrecht
Their website should say ;

"Due to our lack of knowledge about the reptile industry and our morally reprehensible behavior this website is under construction"

Old 12-16-2002, 02:10 PM   #34
Neil Gubitz
John.... You ALMOST got it right.... the last word should be "DE"struction!!....

....Neil

Old 12-16-2002, 07:13 PM   #35
Janie Manaski
They are posting ads like crazy over on Kingsnake. . . I hope no one is unlucky enough to do business with them. They seem to have aquired a photo of one of their "CB ball pythons." Take a look:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=40846

Old 12-18-2002, 12:09 AM   #36
cathys
Hi.. My name is Cathy Smith and I usually stay out of these discussions but I must put my two cents in.... I have not dealt with Miami Herps but I can say this!! I am new to the Reptile Scene and I Even have a Digital Camera!!!!!!! If I can't get a good picture of the animals that I am selling then I will State that I don't have a picture but I Guarantee Your Satisfaction!!!!!! If anyone is disappointed with anything that I send... I would have them ship the animal back and I would Refund their Money!!!!!! That's the only thing that you can do!!! I have sold Several Reptiles in the past Year and have yet had to have a customer send one back to me because they weren't satisfied!!! I have had to refund because of DOAs but that is expected!!!!!

Miamiherps... get a Clue... If you have such Great Prices and Sell a Lot then Get a Camera!!!!!! I'm sure you can afford it!!!

Anyone that has plans on dealing with them... check this out.. I found it on a Classifieds site that I use quite often... DON'T BUY FROM RICKY S.HE USES REPBREEDER AND MIAMIHERPS TO SELL UNHEALTHY ANIMALS AND SENDS YOU THE WRONG STUFF,IF HE SENDS ANYTHING AT ALL!AFTER YOU PAY,HE WONT REPLY TO ANY E-MAILS OR PHONE CALLS.AND KEEP YOUR $!THIS GUY IS A CON-ARTIST!I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HE HAS CHEATED,JUST LOOK BELOW AND SEE A FEW OTHERS.ALSO IF HE HAS CHEATED YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW I AM WORKING ON A LAW-SUIT!

Here is the site that it is on...

http://senac.com/forums/7050/

Thanks

Old 12-18-2002, 12:37 AM   #37
HerpVenue
Quote:
first of all how can you want a pic of the exact same reptile you will receive....
Yeah people...shame on you for wanting to know what your animal will look like.

but seriously....the only time I could not get pics of the actual animals I was buying was when I was buying from an importer. They used to be animalexports.com but they are gone now. I think miamiherps is getting imported stuff and selling it as captive bred.

Because we all know that the biggest breeders out there...including the little ones like me...will give you a picture of the animal you are receiving.

Quote:
i think yo guys are to anal and are threatened by our prices and quality. ...................... but as for ou prices they will remain the same and threatening you and your business.
1. Your prices do not threaten my "business"
2. You asking $185 for a pair of normal balls will not threaten anyone

Old 12-29-2002, 12:51 PM   #38
Seamus Haley
Well, this guy hasn't stopped or even slowed down...

I had an individual (young kid) ask me what the going rate for a pair of proven axanthic ball pythons was, I gave him a rough estimate after which he got enormously excited because he found a pair for $155...

I asked him where he had found this, suspecting that he was either being ripped off or was misunderstanding the situation (No offense Mike) and he told me he had found a kingsnake ad from Miamiherps, supplied me with a link and told me some of their e-mail exchanges.

Here's the Kingsnake ad

I've also secured a screenshot in case they delete the ad in question, so if it dissapears I'll re-post it.

While the ad doesn't state that the animals being sold are axanthic, the individual who had enquired has told me that they e-mailed him stating that the animals pictured were a proven pair, and are, as is clear in the picture, axanthic.

I have obviously informed the individual that these people are pure scam artists, they've gone beyond picture theft to outright fraudulent activities and an attempt to rip off the public. Thankfully he won't be sending them any money at this point but I wonder how many other less experienced consumers may have been duped and what they ended up recceiving for their money.

As a mit of a side note, I'd wager several vital or cherished organs that the picture on the ad is stolen which would be enough to get the kingsnake account yanked, which would be a positive step towards shutting this person down. It also appears to me that the picture is of juvenile animals rather than adults judging by the weight and body proportions but there's nothing clear to compare that to in order to verify it.

The web-page remains up, still devoid of any pictures of their animals, the curled ball pythons that Ihad seen on a business card were obtained through a graphics company that sells partial rights to use images so there's a slim chance that they might be using them legally but I doubt it... the albino burm looks strangely like something I have seen before as well but I can't place it exactly.

At any rate, if anyone doesn't mind giving me a hand and helping me identify the owner of the picture of their axanthic balls and perhaps lodging a few complaints with KS after the owner is found, I'd certainly appreciate any input or assistance.

Thanks,

Old 12-29-2002, 01:59 PM   #39
The BoidSmith
Quote:
At any rate, if anyone doesn't mind giving me a hand and helping me identify the owner of the picture of their axanthic balls and perhaps lodging a few complaints with KS after the owner is found, I'd certainly appreciate any input or assistance.
Seamus,

I agree with you that those are by no means adult proven balls and probably juveniles at best. It even seems that those are just two normal ball pythons pictured under a blue light. If they were going to post a picture of two axanthics, why not claiming it up-front? It would be interesting to post the e-mail exchange between them. But that's just my interpretation.

Regards.

Old 12-29-2002, 02:51 PM   #40
Seamus Haley
Quote:
It even seems that those are just two normal ball pythons pictured under a blue light. If they were going to post a picture of two axanthics, why not claiming it up-front? It would be interesting to post the e-mail exchange between them.
That was something I had considered myself based off the appearance of the snake on the right, where brownish coloring seems more prevalant.

I have asked the young gentleman who had brought this to my attention to register and post the e-mail exchange on this website, or to forward me all the e-mails involved and allow me to do so for him and he has, quite sensibly, told me that he was going to ask for his parents permission to do so. His parents have been pretty intimately involved with his interest in the hobby as I understand it so hopefully they won't have a problem with one of the above situations being allowed.

I'm still wondering if the picture is stolen as so many others have been by this guy (these guys?) and hoping someone wil reccognize the photo since that would be an easy and clear cut complaint to get them shut down in the event that they are trying to rip people off...

They know my e-mail address already, if it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps e-mail them asking questions yourself Daniel? It would be an easy way to provide first hand evidence from a third party with no misinterpretation of any responses... Or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!