beware paypals users - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-31-2002, 11:25 AM   #11
HerpVenue
Paypal was bought by e-bay.

nut nothing will happen.
nothing will change.

They will continue to be treated as separate entities.
And the staff at paypal will continue to remain.

I am now hearing grumblings about e-bay as well.
This is all new to me.

I guess I will continue to use paypal
I will continue to withdraw money from paypal and move it into the bank account. Once there paypal still has access to it... So I will continue to move it from that account into one they do not have access to. They can then freeze whatever they want. It wont affect me any.

Old 12-31-2002, 11:33 AM   #12
Lucy Howard
Quote:
I got two checking acounts one that is always empty or under $10 thats linked to my paypal acount and one I use normally. I am very limited in my use of it, more then anything I only take deposits through it.
well, thats my point....you are NOT safe doing that or even by just accepting e-checks, instead of credit cards.
My charge-back (and from what i researched, a lot of them) WAS a e-check, one that had cleared 2 month ago!
Although they didn't take money out of my checking account (because i THEN could have put a chargeback on THEM) they DID put a negative balance on my paypal account and i am LIABLE to pay that balance, or they can collect it/press charges, yadayada...

So even by doing what you are doing , you can be hit by chargebacks long after echecks have cleared...and that you don't have money in that checking account that you linked to paypal, matters nothing.

Remember...

Quote:
Specific item exclusions. Items or situations which fit any of the following exclusions are not eligible for protection under the Guarantee:

h. Animals, plants, or any parts thereof

Quote:
If you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy. When you receive funds through PayPal, if the sender's transaction is reversed for any reason and you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy for that transaction, you will owe PayPal for the amount of the reversed transaction plus any fees imposed on PayPal as a result of the reversal. You agree to reimburse PayPal from either your PayPal account or by other means as described in Section IV.2 under "Receipt of Payments."
And remember, selling animals is just ONE reason paypal will not protect you in any way.....they are covered by their own terms so well, that as a seller you will get no retribution.

Quote:
Fraud. Under no circumstances will PayPal reimburse requests in the event of fraud or misrepresentation by the buyer. In addition, fees will not be refundable in cases of fraud.
So if you fall victim to someone that uses a stolen card/or a bogus account, or even if their is a confusion as to what is going on....again....to bad.
Whether you only accept CC's or e-checks... be careful, they could come back to ya any time...

Old 12-31-2002, 11:39 AM   #13
Lucy Howard
Ritchie...read their terms WELL, and you will see...it can affect you PLENTY.
You can move the money out of their reach, but they are still COVERED by their own Terms when they ASK you to pay them back for a chargeback to you.
It is their right, according to THEIR terms, which you agreed to.

Again, just by selling animals you are NOT covered by their sellers protection plan.....and there are plenty other reasons..
and then......
>>>>

Quote:
If you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy. When you receive funds through PayPal, if the sender's transaction is reversed for any reason and you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy for that transaction, you will owe PayPal for the amount of the reversed transaction plus any fees imposed on PayPal as a result of the reversal. You agree to reimburse PayPal from either your PayPal account or by other means as described in Section IV.2 under "Receipt of Payments."

Old 12-31-2002, 11:39 AM   #14
Classic Dum's
Ya there TOS was written by lawyers. Paypal wasnt owned by a bank as many think, it was a group of lawyers that created it so they are covered every which way ya go. There was another company that was comparable but there was so few people using it I dont reameber the name. I know Yahoo and a bunch of other companies and are making similar sites so it shouldnt be to long and there should be better options.

Old 12-31-2002, 02:43 PM   #15
Adam Block
Well, there's a common thing said in all of these types of threads. It's their site; they can do what they like!

If you violate their TOS in any way they can do whatever they want, right?

I don't agree with that at all but hey, if Jeff B. can do as he wishes then PayPal sure as h3ll can!

Oh and people also say stop whining! Well, I only think it's whining until it's happened to you but somehow people think that applies to any discussion of wrong doing.

Kim, good luck to you! I think it's bull$hit but sometimes there's little you can do. PayPalSucks.com like all the -sucks.com sites is there for a reason!

Adam Block

Old 12-31-2002, 03:04 PM   #16
Fred Albury
Pay Pal Sucks

Pay-Pal does indeed suck. This isnt the first case I have heard of them screwing things up and deleting funds from accounts. People us Pay-Pal so that they can buy snakes without any long drawn out thought processes involved in getting money orders or writing checks against existing balances in the bank. Personally...I would rather people TOOK the time out tothink if they really wanted the snake or not, because giging someone a refund just because they got cold fet and made a istake, or shouldnt have spent the fund in the first place that isnty my strong suit at all. I am sorry for KIM FELTS and what has happened to her in this thing, and for her customers also. I stay away from Pay-Pal and have lost sales because of it, and thats OK, cause the drama isnt worth it.

My two cents

Absolutely free

What a bargain

Aztec Fred
AZTEC REPTILES

Old 12-31-2002, 03:23 PM   #17
HerpVenue
well
if they say a check has cleared....then months later say....whoops we made a mistake. Therefore we will take money form the buyer and money from the seller and freeze their accounts as well. Meanwhile if anyone sends either party any money......those will be frozen in the paypal account as well.

DOUBLE DIPPING anyone?

That is when we go into my filing cabinet. We pick up the folder that says lawyer stuff. We get the phone number. We pick up the phone and have a little chat. Then we tell the lawyer he has two months to "chat" with paypal. If he can't take care of the problem by "chatting"....that is when we take it further for a class action.

yeah yeah easier said than done.

Old 12-31-2002, 03:48 PM   #18
Classic Dum's
Adam you deserved what you got from Kingsnake so drop it, it doesnt belong in these threads.

Rich theres already been a class action suit brought against them what happened with it I dont know. I think there is so info on paypalsucks.com about it but.

Old 12-31-2002, 05:49 PM   #19
midnightline
I'm a little late in answering WebSlave's question, but no... the grumblings about paypal are not just due to the ebay buyout. The sites Paypalsucks.com and paypalwarning.com were around long before the news of the buyout came up. In fact, people on other bboards (non-reptile-related) were speculating as to whether or not things would improve with the buyout. From what I've heard, they haven't.

Incidentally, a few months ago MSNBC did a series of articles on eBay which suggested that eBay was less than adequate at enforcing their own policies...

-Kat Hall

Old 12-31-2002, 07:15 PM   #20
teepee
Did you have transactions totaling more than $1,000 per month or $5,000 per year.
I remember reading something that stated if you went over these limits, your account would be under investigation. I guess it is their way to make sure there are no online drug sales or money laundering going on.
They look for auction numbers and such, and if they are all personal sales, they say its fraud unless you have a federal tax number on file, and even then, they may question it.
Be prepared they also report your earnings and payouts to the government.
Mike Tankersley

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!