beware paypals users - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-02-2003, 06:17 PM   #41
Charles Escoffery
Let's get realistic! Paypal has it's downfalls, but so does the US postal system. Yes, paypal's TOS is very restrictive if you actually bother to read it. Yes, they can and will take action against you if you violate their terms in any way shape or form. But, just remember how convenient it is to use. I personally refuse to purchase animals via credit card, and paypal allows me to instantly transfer cash to the seller with no cost to myself. Today I purchased a neonate surinam and the entire process between email->phonecall->paypal->shipping took only 30 minutes to ink the deal...and the animal was shipped today. Immediate results for my hard earned money. I like paypal, and will put up with the fees and headaches untill they do me wrong. Nothing is worse then waiting 2 weeks for a check that was never actually mailed.

My .02

~CE~

Old 01-02-2003, 06:54 PM   #42
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I agree,

I have been using paypal basically since their inception. I have only had one problem with them. A unauthorized authorization was done on my paypal debit card somewhere in TX to a Travel Agent. I contact Paypal, they froze the transaction and would not let them complete the transaction and then when the time was done they found in my favor and I received my funds back. They are not perfect and neither is anyone else. But the convenience of Paypal has been great to me, my buisness, and my family and I will continue to use them until something bad happens (If it ever does, which I hope not) With the situation with Kim and the other person I truly feel for you, but I don't understand how the people at Paypal are acting like they are. Every time I call and talk to PAYPAL I always receive great treatment and service. I hope those other situations will be able to be resolved.

Old 01-02-2003, 07:25 PM   #43
WebSlave
The ONLY way to handle credit cards is as a 30 day loan. When the bill comes in, pay it off in full and NEVER falter from that rule.

When I had my generator for the buildings installed, I put it on the VISA card. It was a rather large bill that month, so they probably thought they had me for sure to pay them some interest. They were so disappointed that I paid the bill in full that they nearly doubled my credit limit to try to entice me into paying interest sometime. Sorry, Charlie......

Old 01-02-2003, 07:43 PM   #44
Lucy Howard
Charles...nobody "violated" paypals terms....and yes, if you use it mostly to PURCHASE with, you are reasonably safe with paypal.
I did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong, i sold a snake, Kim payed me by e-check, the e-check cleared (2 month ago), then Kims bank does a chargeback to paypal.....and paypal is not paying it, so they charge me for it, which yes, they can do according to their new TOS, and their is nothing i can do about it.
Because it was a ANIMAL i sold, i have no recourse, they won't even bother to investigate, they just automatically and immediately charge me for the chargeback.
Lets just say you payed by paypal (any which way) for an animal (reptile), like you did.
Now you could put a chargeback on it, use any kind of excuse with your bank to do it....and guess what....their will be a chargeback, and the seller of your snake will have to pay for it/cover it....because they are NOT covered by sellers protection policy.....they sold an animal. Paypal will not care if the seller claims he DID ship the reptile, he HAS proof of delivery, yadayada...
He's NOT covered for protection, so all he can do......is pay.
Or come after you personally.
Thats the 2 options they gave me.
Again, i did nothing wrong.
And Rob, i have also received great treatment and service up to now, too......and I will probably continue to receive great treatment.....as long as i cover this chargeback.
If ever one of your buyers puts a chargeback on the payment for the reptile, whether he paid with CC or e-check through paypal....even if it cleared months ago and you don't have any money in the paypal account....guess what, you are liable for it and you will have to pay it, and paypal will do NOTHING to help you.....because you sold animals, KNOWING that their TOS says you will not have any protection in that case.
Until then and after that you will continue to get great service.
I thought paypal was the greatest thing since sliced bread and used them ALOT, was happy as can be with them.
I guess it takes getting burned to see the light.
I just hope it never happens to either of you, and if it does, that its not for a painfully high amount of money.

Old 01-02-2003, 08:15 PM   #45
highlander 13
Talking

Charles,
I have a ? for you and anyone else this follows with.If you had a choice of waiting 2 weeks for a check to clear,1-3 days for a m/o,or possibly getting a chargeback on your account either through the bank or paypal and have to pay almost double what your animal was worth,Which option would you choose?

To me the m/o option would/is the best option for 2 reasons. 1) at least you dont have the headaches of trying to figure out what happened to or where did your money go because you have a receipt showing exactly where it went. 2) at least you cant get a chargeback on a m/o and to me its a little more of a simple idea.

Oh and the prostitution remark in my last post that uffern and kat found seemingly interesting,Yes thats what i meant.The reason i meant it is because after the trespassers get violated by either a pack of tazzy devils or a wolverine then they would have to pay for room and board after they healed up for violating my rules to start with.Plus they could Help with the gas for my truck. Regards Bill McLeod

Old 01-02-2003, 08:26 PM   #46
dwedeking
Simple playing of the odds. I'll take the risk of a chargeback for the increase in sales having an easy quick process for my customers. Ever try to cross a street in downtown Los Angeles? Much riskier than PayPal or a CC company.

You can't do business without accepting some risk. This situation with Kim and Lucy make it seem that the risk may have become unacceptable as far as PayPal is concerned, but I would like to hear what they find out (if anything) when all the dust settles.

Old 01-02-2003, 08:32 PM   #47
teepee
If Kim's bank did a chargeback to Paypal, then isn't the problem with Kim's bank and not Paypal? Did I miss something here?
The big question is what is Kim's Bank's answer to all this. Why did they do a chargeback in the first place? These need answered before you can truely bash Paypal.
Mike Tankersley

Old 01-02-2003, 08:37 PM   #48
Lucy Howard
according to paypal , the dust is settled. I will have to pay off the negative amount and cover the chargeback.
What happens between Kim and me (i will have to wait for Kim to pay me back) is of no concern to paypal.
I guess if you sell alot through paypal it would be worth the risk, and the money you might lose one day.
Personally i'm a little sick and tired of even seeing the word "PAYPAL" right now...
So off i go to play with the rugrat...

Old 01-04-2003, 10:47 PM   #49
shannon
Lucy,I feel your pain,I just went threw the same shiznit

I am still waiting for my snake to be returned??????Its been over five weeks but pay-pal says they have 75 days to make a decission on my behalf????B.S.
I sold a snake and the buyer payed via pay-pal.He then stated that the snake I sold him was not what I posted(I sent pics and everything)and he told his credit card company that I mis representated something and pay-pal did a chrageback and I now owe pay-pal?I still don't have my goods back so I got screwed.

I don't think I will be useing them anymore and money orders worked for years so I think thats the way to go.
The sad thing is it was the only way I could take payment via credit cards.

shannon brown

Old 01-04-2003, 11:36 PM   #50
gila7150
Sorry to go a little off topic but I was wondering what ever happened with that con artist Brett Skinner.

Shannon, has he agreed to send the mole king back since he got his money back? Does he even answer your emails?
That whole fiasco made me really nervous about using Paypal.
Chris Raden

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!