Kingsnake, now you know you have to read it... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Jeff Barringers recent actions?
I agree with everything Jeff has ever done. 2 3.17%
I disagree with everything Jeff has ever done down to what color car he drives. 1 1.59%
I agree with the majority of things Jeff has done. 9 14.29%
I disagree with the majority of things Jeff has done. 13 20.63%
I agree with the majority of things Jeff has done but the items I disagree on are of signifigant importance to affect my personal views. 20 31.75%
I disagree with a minority of things Jeff has done but the items I disagree with are not of signifigant importance to my personal views. 4 6.35%
I have no opinion on any of this. 2 3.17%
I have no opinion on any of this until it affects me personally. 1 1.59%
I have an opinion but I do not wish to voice it for fear I will lose my KS Classified account. 8 12.70%
Other. Please write a post detailing your opinion if none of the above options were acceptable. 5 7.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2002, 04:58 AM   #1
Seamus Haley
Kingsnake, now you know you have to read it...

Alright, this couldn't be tacked on to the end of any of the other threads but it has been something I have considered doing for a while now.

This thread contains a poll, allowing anonymous expression of an idea and thus protecting everyone who does not wish to be on Jeff's bad side to post an opinion of sorts.

I will try to post responses that are as unbiased as possible although I'm pretty sure most people know most of my opinions about Jeff's decision making already.

Since it will include the poll option, there is no need for any written responses if you do not wish to make one and nobody will be able to tell how you decided to vote.

Hopefully this can generate a decent number of responses that are a bit more accurate (in the poll anyway) as to the actual representative positions involved as the threads requiring a written response are misleading to some degree.

Thanks in advance to anyone who participates and hopefully we can clear up some of those questions about what people think but aren't willing to say.

Old 12-31-2002, 05:11 AM   #2
Seamus Haley
As anyone who shows up early can see, my personal choice, that I am not afraid to get out into the open, is that overall I agree with many of the things he has done but some of those that I disagree with are of signifigant importance to affect my personal views and opinions.

Anyway... hopefully there are enough viable options so that most people can answer without needing to post if they do not wish to and that will allow a more accurate representation of some of the thoughts expressed by the public which really does make up Jeff's customer base.

I did allow for multiple responses since some of the options involved are not directly contradictory but please try to keep some of those votes to a minimum, voting for the fewest number that will signifigantly explain your position (Such as any disagreement + fear of reprecussions for voicing it).

This will probably have to be up for awhile before it begins to show truly accurate numbers in the responses if people even decide to vote so anyone inclined to get angry over the answers, try to contain it for awhile until more accurate numbers are in.

Thanks again.

Old 12-31-2002, 05:27 AM   #3
Adam Block
You need more items! One of the questions in this or another poll should be along the lines of peoples fear of Jeff! There should be something asking even if on a 1-10 scale people are scared of him and don't speak up because of it.

Adam Block

Old 12-31-2002, 06:26 AM   #4
Seamus Haley
Quote:
You need more items! One of the questions in this or another poll should be along the lines of peoples fear of Jeff!
I was only allowed ten and I wanted to stagger them signifigantly enough to allow most people to find one or more options that would sum up their thoughts as best as possible...

I did include the option of adding multiple responses (I think anyway, it may not have allowed what I wanted) and I did include the second to last option up there as being a fear of cancellation of posting abilities in the KS classifieds so if someone has refrained from speaking their mind when they needed to attach their name to it, hopefully they'll fill in that option so that everyone can gauge how realistic that concept might be.

At any rate, thanks for posting Adam and I would like to stress to everyone once again that this will have to be up for a decent duration of time before the responses really become accurate... A minimum of around 50-75 votes before it starts to show any true trends in the thoughts of the readers would be my estimate but everyone can attribute whatever weight they like to the responses.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:27 AM   #5
John Apple
Scared....bullcr@p!!!
disagree with what Kingsnake is doing.....YUP

Old 12-31-2002, 06:39 AM   #6
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Scared....bullcr@p!!!
disagree with what Kingsnake is doing.....YUP
Sorry about that, I didn't intend in any way to convey that everyone or anyone in particular has resignations about posting due to the fear of losing business if they lose their KS account.

It had been brought up on several other threads that people were reccieving e-mails where some people expressed a dissatisfaction with KS but were not voicing it publicly because of potential reprecussions.

I figured an anonymous poll would settle that and allow someone to at least moderately voice their opinion on the matter without having to come forward and state it but still allow any additional statements to be made if people wanted...

I also looked at the KS threads and... a lot of the posts are from the same people, myself being one of them... sure there are nineteen pages but a lot of it is the same people bringing up new points or restating their beliefs. A poll only lets you decide once which way you'd like to express yourself so the total number of votes would be a better indication of the percentages of the herping community involved (or the slightly more serious herpinf community anyway as this site appeals to the more involved individual) rather than just indicating who is capable of being the loudest (I think Ritchie probably wins but Adam and I aren't far behind).

To that end, since the final poll numbers should theoretically be a truer indication of public sentiment, do you ming tossing in whatever vote(s) for whatever options you care to John? I'd appreciate it greatly if you haven't already (I may be opening the page while you're logging your votes).

Thanks again,

Old 12-31-2002, 08:04 AM   #7
dwedeking
I feel that Jeff's implied lawsuit to Rish was wrong. The bannings that I've received details on, have been justified and/or explainable.

Don't feel that boycotting KS or writing an email will change Jeff's perspective, so I will continue to use it as a tool to generate funds for my start up business until such a time as the ROI (Return on investment) is no longer there for it to be practical.

I put Jeff in the category of most large corporations (Micro$oft, B of A, UPS, ToysRUs etc). Their policies are there to protect them, their business practices are marginally gray at best, but I use them as they fit what I need at the time and when something better comes along I change vendors. Writing letters, activism etc on these entities (unmovable objects IMHO) basically waste your time which would be better spent on your animals and customers.

Old 12-31-2002, 10:26 AM   #8
ScottsReptiles
I have an extra catagory to enter into the poll...

who is tired of seeing yet another post about Kingsnake.com on the BOI?

Thats what I vote for..

Old 12-31-2002, 10:38 AM   #9
Seamus Haley
Quote:
who is tired of seeing yet another post about Kingsnake.com on the BOI?
If I could have added a poll to an existing thread I certainly would have but the message board software doesn't allow it so there were two choices...

Create a new thread including the poll with as many viable options as I could conceive of to allow for the possible existance of individuals who did not wish to attribute their names to at least some slight voicing of their opinion because of fear of reprisals, as many seemed to have mentioned was possibly the case on the other threads...

Or just allow those who had a thought on the matter but not one they felt confident in voicing outright for whatever reason an oppurtunity to perhaps register their feelings on the issue.

Scott, you have a choice as well. That choice is to open or not open any thread you choose, read or not read any thread you choose and contribute something of value or fail to contribute anything as you choose. If you don't want to see a particular thread, you always have the option of not clicking on the title. It saves you all that fatigue you get from voluntarily reading a topic.

Old 12-31-2002, 10:41 AM   #10
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Or just allow those who had a thought on the matter but not one they felt confident in voicing outright for whatever reason an oppurtunity to perhaps register their feelings on the issue
Sorry, that should read "Or just allow those who had a thought on the matter but not one they felt confident in voicing outright for whatever reason to suffer in silence because creating a post with the poll displays the name of the originator and they would be unable to do so anonymously by themselves."

That'll teach me to get distracted halfway through writing a post and forget to proof read.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!