Bad Guy Boaphile Plastics - Poor Service? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
hyacinth
Boaphile Plastics - Poor Service?

Called them over the phone asking advice on fixing the top of a 322T that had been split open by an adult boa as well as getting replacement keys and it was like pulling teeth. He asked me to email my info and still no response.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
boanation
Sorry to hear this. I have never had any problems with them or their products. Hopefully they will get back to you soon.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Utta
Alan, post emails please? You have to realize that they are probably busy, so a timeline would help.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
He asked me to email my info and still no response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Alan, post emails please? You have to realize that they are probably busy, so a timeline would help.
Good luck... I had emailed them last year about some info on one of their cages. Never heard back from them. At the time I was looking to buy a stack of 6 cages for my boas.... the joys of the income tax refund.... but Like I said.... no responses what so ever. I had also contacted him via the email on his youtube account reguarding something I had seen in a video... no repsonse there as well.

I just finally gave up. Chances are I dont still have any of those initial emails though.... I just chocked it up to someone that didnt want my business.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
Jadenkisses
How long have you been waiting to hear back from them?
How soon after you purchased it did it brake?
Have they promised you a replacement, or did they not give you a strait yes or no?
Any and all info helps!
Hope you can get this worked out.
- Jade

Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
He asked me to email my info and still no response.
That part is kind of funny to me - unless he gave you a special email address - because emails sent to the address on his site get kicked to an autoresponse which instructs you to call them. I was going to place a 14 cage order a couple years ago, and I didn't because I couldn't get an email response. Preferences - sometimes they don't match up. (My reasons for not calling really have no bearing here...I'm not knocking his preference to do business by phone, just wondering about the request for an email reported by the OP. Maybe things have changed - it has been a couple of years)

Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
gsrept
I do not know i orderd a rack a few years ago and took almost 3 months to get thats why i buy my racks from another supplier and usually get it the same week i order it. Jeff has some nice boas though

Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
Morph2187
I am looking into getting a stack of 4ft cages from them now so any information posted here will help me decide if I want to go through with it. Was there a reason it took 3 months to receive your rack?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #9
Redstormlax12
I know that people love their boaphiles. I also know that the wait is very long. I think its because they are super busy, and maybe its still a smaller operation, instead of a full blown operation. Im not sure though. Ive gotten all my cages and rack from repti-racks and love them. The lead time is usually around 6-8 weeks. I dont think I could wait 12. But thats just because I am impatient and like all my setups here and organized.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
Spo0led
Quote:
Called them over the phone asking advice on fixing the top of a 322T that had been split open by an adult boa as well as getting replacement keys and it was like pulling teeth. He asked me to email my info and still no response.
Weird. Everything Ive always heard he prefers calls to email 100 to 1.