The Addiction Starts. . . - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
cryptly
Red face The Addiction Starts. . .

So, I go into the pet store with the intention of getting crickets and goldfish pellets. I spot a tank with a sign saying "Leopard Geckos". i look and see two itty-bitty gecko tails peeking out of a log hide. I ask the store owner if he can lift the hide so I can see the geckos.

I shouldn't have asked. . .

I see two cute little itty-bitty leopard geckos. One caught my attention instantly. It was the brightest yellow I've ever seen, with orange markings on its legs, and the loudest hiss I've ever heard from something so tiny. I was in love.

I put a deposit down so they'll hold the gecko until I can pick it up next week. I want time to get an enclosure set up and to read up on caring for itty-bitty leos.

I have a feeling my critters will soon be taking over the house and I'll be living in the tool shed.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
Geckogardener
Hahaha... they are amazingly addictive! I don't think I'd ever be able to wait a week to get my hands on the little guy, even if it was the smart thing to do! I was only "thinking" about getting one when an unwanted pair were dropped off at the pet shop while I was reading up on them. Now I have three... so far.
I get the feeling these things are like potato chips

Old 04-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
geckonate
Hahahaha.

I find that my collection doubles and triples itself at semi-regular intervals.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:02 AM   #4
GeckoStud
It starts with one, but then it spreads like a wildfire!
I have four adults now and for babies lol, not to mention other herps and pets.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
dragonflame
Ugh, and crested geckos are every bit as addictive! I found that out recently... I had to downsize my leos *cry* (looking for an adult male crested gecko if anyone has one for cheap...er).
Every time I see a leo at the store "Emily... BUY IT, you babysat last night"
No! Yes! No!
It's getting harder not to buy them, I just got paid for designing my second flyer last night.. waaaah more money... yay! Ugh...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!