Bob Guerriere's Ancient Reproductions Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
SPJ
Bob Guerriere's Ancient Reproductions Inquiry

Anyone dealt with him? He is in Gainesville Florida.
How did it go?
Let me know.
Thanks.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
SPJ
No one?

Well, I'll let you know if he is a man of his word.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
Suncoast Herpetological
Steve

I have never dealt with him directly but i have never heard anything but positive comments about him from others.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
SPJ
Thanks.
He had an ad up, I contacted him about it and got a reply that it was a mistake and he pulled the ad but would honor it one time and sent me his paypal address.
I sent payment so we'll see how it goes.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
Neil Gubitz
So I guess that makes YOU a stand-up guy by taking advantage of his mistake??.... Just pathetic....

Neil

Old 02-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
So I guess that makes YOU a stand-up guy by taking advantage of his mistake??.... Just pathetic....

Neil
The sound of whip cracking was all that could be heard over the whimpering of the beast. The mewling cry of what should have been dead long ago, a rotting rotten carcass once more flinging itself upon those unaware.

Again the whistle and crack as the weapon did its job, driving the foul form back to the pit from whence it slithered, dropping bits of goo and gore behind itself as it came, stalk-ed eyes searching, yearning for anyone to pay attention to its malevolence, it's hatred of the light and those who dwell within it.

And then the voice, a hero's strong, deep, bellow of command, "back, back foul beast. You'll not feed here upon the innocent, not today, not ever again."

Crack, and crack again goes the whip, coming so close to the foul creatures eyes that it must blink and withdraw its snail-like stalks for fear of losing sight completely.

"You'll never make me go away," it cried piteously in the voice of a man grown too old, too foul, too rotten to have worth left in his life, "I was here before you and I'll be here, ack ack cough cough, aft, aft...." followed by the sounds of vile viscous putridity being expelled, "after you, damn you and the Shiny White Steed you rode in on."

Crack and crack again, the whip and The Rider, step by step manuver the putresant beast closer to the hole it crawled out of, following its trail of excresence and bile back to its lair.

Crack and crack again, "foul beast, you'll not sully ought further with your foul presence, back filth back," followed by the crack and crack again of the whip most agiley used, weaving a pattern of disfigurment and blindness before the putrid beings very face, if such could be called a face, more a melted mass of excresence, the pox and ill use plain upon it.

Crack and Crack again and then the joyful yell by The Rider, "That's right filth, back whence you came, into the dark and most foul den in which you live your miserable life, living off lies and swilling the ill fortune of those once your compatriots. Go now and show yourself nevermore, foul beast of the depths, putrid defiler of all that love the light, lying beast of nightmares and cruel intentions."

Crack and crack again and it was gone, oozing once more from sight, gone once more from the light, hopefully not to return again.

My thinking is it's up to the guy who placed the ad to decide whether or not he wants to honour it once it was made public.

Not all of us, neil "the liar" gubitz, are like you. Some of us back up what we say, say what we mean, and are known for being honest.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
MikeCurtin
Couldn't have said it better....no really, I don't think I could have....how could any of us possibly know what happened with that ad? Perhaps it went..."I'm calling about the ad"...."Well I pulled it because of a pricing error, but I'll honor the ad since you already saw it"...."wow, that's mighty honorable of you! Payment is on the way". Doesn't make sense to criticize someone for something we know nothing about.

Mike Curtin

Old 02-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
No one?

Well, I'll let you know if he is a man of his word.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...read.php?t=135

Old 02-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
SPJ
Neil, gotta love your rant.
If he had replied saying sorry it was a mistake, I would have said no problem. However, he sent a blanket email to everyone who inquired stating that he will honor it and send payment to his paypal address.
I would not have sent payment had he not given me the way to pay him and said he would honor it to those who inquired.
I am not the only one who got this email. I am, however, the only one who inquired on the BOI.

Quote:
Hello,
We are sending this email out to say that we posted the ad for the 1.1 pastels, Feb 12th evening e.s.t., and two normal females in error in regard to the price. That said we will honor the deal one time, our paypal address is gaboon@atlantic.net This email is going out to all who responded to us initially by the following morning, the ad has been taken down

Old 02-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #10
nora
That sounds like a more than fair deal to me Steve, if he's offered to honor the "wrong" price on the snakes, then it sounds like he's wanting to make good and get the business.. People need to make sacrafices to get ahead, and it sounds like Guerriere is doing just that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!