Adam Irwin (anyone dealt with him) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #51
kmurphy
Quote:
Okay, I may be making a little to do about nothing, but, am I the only one that noticed the 2 different names in the emails? Personally, i don't blame Adam one bit for not going through with the deal.
Um, Laura, isn't Adam the one that made the mistake? The emails are from him.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #52
madamant
Its kind of scary when you recieve an email saying dont ever contact me again and you only have half the money returned, especially when that money isnt ours, that was my main concern and the reason for this thread, it was to see if anyone knew or had dealings with adam before and would we be guarenteed the money back, we knew as much about him as he did us, its a lot of money to send/trust a person with you have never met, then for them to back out on the last minute.

All money was refunded so its all good..over with in my book..

And yes those emails are from Adam, he got the name wrong in that one email.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #53
UK_Reptile_Distributors
I am not really bothered, Laura is in a apparent close friendship after seeing her many times around websites with someone and it appears a revengeful tactic of hers in general. But to show more areas of proof that I promised , in providing e-mails when needed, I will post the next one. I have a whole set to utilize here and its no biggie to me to keep posting them Laura. Now Laura, since you want to keep dragging this on and its not in the best interest for Adam feel free to do so but I incourage you not too. I will NOT post every e-mail Adam sent at once to help protect his name. I just want to wish him best of luck in the future. If I can look over all of this Laura and the rest of TBE can look over this as I specified in chat too the members who responded to fauna and cleared his name there in good faith then why can't you? Your research shows like your a reptile P.I. lol sort of speak. Now can you research my e-mail box before you continue too make negative comments in general? Un-fort, with dealing through some of our customers and deposits were collected, dealing with a major order some snakes were not payed with their deposits as scheduled on the days that they were advised to my sales reps they would be and this was specified to Adam. Was it not his choice on some of these to deny the sale at this time. Of Course it was and I would of told my sales reps this if he has so done choose too. Now Laura, I am asking for you now to stop placing me in a position too keep posting e-mails after this, and let Adam move forward on getting the respected name that this individual is seeking. The e-mail I am presenting shows that Adam was working fine with the customers who did not fulfill their deposits.

Sent : Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:43 PM
To : "Rick Leverock" <tbe_jrreptiles@hotmail.com>

| | | Inbox

So all the hets are paid off, now I'm just waiting for $80 on albino #5 and $500 on albino #6, Then I can ship you your snakes. No hurry just send the money when you can.

--
Get a free mail.com account & e-mail address today!
Choose from over 100 personalized domains.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #54
LauraB
Quote:
Now Laura, since you want to keep dragging this on
Just so you know...I'm not the Laura dragging this on. I said what I wanted to say; you got your $ back, I was done.
I also don't blame Adam for being uncomfortable enough to cancel the deal...and yes, I DO do my homework.

But since there are 2 of us (Laura's, I mean) please be clear who you are addressing.

~ Laura Bolt

Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #55
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Reptile_Distributors
I am not really bothered, Laura is in a apparent close friendship after seeing her many times around websites with someone and it appears a revengeful tactic of hers in general.
There are 2 Laura's posting in this thread, which one of us are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Reptile_Distributors
But to show more areas of proof that I promised , in providing e-mails when needed, I will post the next one. I have a whole set to utilize here and its no biggie to me to keep posting them Laura. Now Laura, since you want to keep dragging this on and its not in the best interest for Adam feel free to do so but I incourage you not too.
I will NOT post every e-mail Adam sent at once to help protect his name. I just want to wish him best of luck in the future. If I can look over all of this Laura and the rest of TBE can look over this as I specified in chat too the members who responded to fauna and cleared his name there in good faith then why can't you? Your research shows like your a reptile P.I. lol sort of speak. Now can you research my e-mail box before you continue too make negative comments in general?
Un-fort, with dealing through some of our customers and deposits were collected, dealing with a major order some snakes were not payed with their deposits as scheduled on the days that they were advised to my sales reps they would be and this was specified to Adam. Was it not his choice on some of these to deny the sale at this time. Of Course it was and I would of told my sales reps this if he has so done choose too. Now Laura, I am asking for you now to stop placing me in a position too keep posting e-mails after this, and let Adam move forward on getting the respected name that this individual is seeking. The e-mail I am presenting shows that Adam was working fine with the customers who did not fulfill their deposits.

Sent : Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:43 PM
To : &quot;Rick Leverock&quot; <tbe_jrreptiles@hotmail.com>

| | | Inbox

So all the hets are paid off, now I'm just waiting for $80 on albino #5 and $500 on albino #6, Then I can ship you your snakes. No hurry just send the money when you can.

--
Get a free mail.com account & e-mail address today!
Choose from over 100 personalized domains.
Rick, I am not trying to drag this out. Adam posted his side of the story and in my opinion, I would have returned your money also. I don't see any damage to Adam's name at all.

Thanx for the compliment, but I am nothing close to a reptile PI of any kind.

You are the one who attempted a payment plan with out his permission, called his house multiple times a day, and he was the one to turn away your business.

Kevin, the emails were posted by rick, they may have been sent by Adam, but rick posted them. If it were me, I would have checked them before posting them here.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #56
UK_Reptile_Distributors
Both Laura's, If you both wish for further e-mails to defend on here, feel free to do so and keep dragging. BUT ITS NOT in the best interest tho, trust me on that for Adam. I did get all the money back as promised but it took freezing his account to do this and I would be happy to prove that with his own e-mail. Now do you both want to continue or do we need to start posting more verification? Lets leave Adam alone already. Regarding who one wishes to buy or sell to is up to the individuals and is the right of both parties. My heart is for Adam and I wish him all the best of luck in the future.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #57
Suncoast Herpetological
Laura

I am going to have to disagree on this one. Yes a payment plan was instituted but Adam agreed to it by letting it go on for several months. I have dealt with a number of overseas wholesalers like Rick who function in pretty much this same way.

If Adam wanted to terminate the transaction, the time was several months ago when terms and conditions he did not care for begin to pop up. I.E the payment plan, frequent phone calls etc. In my opinion, he had absolutely no business unwinding the transaction once the animals were paid for and shipping was imminent. That is simply bad business.

And on the Emails, Rick posted them in their entirety. I would not have altered them to correct a typo of Adam's.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #58
UK_Reptile_Distributors
Regarding his e-mails, the only thing that was done and I can show was a simple fauna spell check, regarding names, no I have the original e-mails that shows this.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #59
ravensgait
I don't know but there is just something about Rick here that makes me wonder. His very poor use of the English language just being one of them and his not so veiled threats don't help his cause at all. If English isn't his first language I could understand that part of it but when I asked him that question he failed to answer.

John I agree with you but have to wonder what you or I would do if we got a really bad feeling about someone we were doing business with..

I don't know Adam other than reputation so have no dog in this hunt. Can't say as I like how Rick is trying to shut evertone up here, um Rick that doesn't work at all here.....Randy

Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #60
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I don't know but there is just something about Rick here that makes me wonder. His very poor use of the English language just being one of them and his not so veiled threats don't help his cause at all. If English isn't his first language I could understand that part of it but when I asked him that question he failed to answer.

John I agree with you but have to wonder what you or I would do if we got a really bad feeling about someone we were doing business with..

I don't know Adam other than reputation so have no dog in this hunt. Can't say as I like how Rick is trying to shut evertone up here, um Rick that doesn't work at all here.....Randy
My point Randy is that I am sure his writing style did not deteriorate after the transaction began. This was the guy Adam struck the deal with. This was the guy he took payments from over a period of months. The time to back out was then, not at the 11th hour after he had been paid in full. Also, remember that this thread would not exist at all if Adam had sent a full refund originally.

As to the threats, you and i are reading that differently. My take is that Rick thinks the Emails will be more damaging to Adam so he is trying to avoid posting them.

A agree that Rick's diction would have prompted a few questions initially. Not just prior to shipping though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!