Refurnishing ATB setup tips appreciated! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
hadenglock
Refurnishing ATB setup tips appreciated!

Hello,
I currently have a pair of ATB that are in a custom front opening wooden enclosure roughly 4ft long by 2ft wide by 3ft high. I wouldnt say its a major problem for me but ive been having a little difficutly (maybe just my OCD lol) making practical hiding places that are easy to clean. I currently have polycrylic treated birdhouses that are mounted in the enclosure, but im trying to lean away from that idea because of how difficult it is to clean them. I was thinking of removing them and just incorporating ALOT more plastic greenery and maybe a humid hide at the bottom of the cage. If anyone has any other ideas i would greatly appreciate them!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Hi Haden,

They would probably be just fine with lots of cover, lots of greenery overlaying forked branches. (of course, lots of greenery is lots of fake leaves to scrub too). Have you thought about using plastic hides? There are some nice rock ones that you could possibly mount up or put in a little shelf area? Super easy to clean. I also use cocunut halves for hides, they clean fairly well. Just some ideas!

My amazons that do have a hide, I keep it on the floor of the enclosure, they usually sleep there and then spend the afternoon/night up in the branches under the fake leaves.

-April

Old 04-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
hadenglock
Yeah im going to try doing a dark plastic shoebox stuffed with bedding on the bottom, but ill look into trying something i put up in canopy of the enclosure. Thanks

Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
JoeTaffis
Amazons do well with a simple hide box on the floor of the enclosure, which is where they spend most of their time, and a few branches to climb on at night....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!