Why all the drama????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
DAND
Question Why all the drama?????

Why is it seemingly impossible for there to be two show promoters within a close proximity without all the drama? Am I the only one who thinks that it is hindering the business/hobby when the bickering, drama and games go on between those involved? Wouldn't it be beneficial for all involved if both shows did well? Instead it seems that the Hatfield-McCoy feud has spilled over into the herp trade.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
"cocheta"
okay i am new here but i must agree with you...TO MUCH BICKERING!!!! ALL the post i have read about shows have been arguements... this is awful!!!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
audrypayne
Alex hasn't done anything wrong. Tony is the one trying to sabotage the other shows by spreading threats & lies.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
I would have to agree, David. The shows with all the drama do nothing to promote reptiles. They seem to be used as pedestals so a few people can promote their egos instead.

No one mentioned names, Audrey. I find it in poor taste that you came here and started that BS on yet another thread. Now we can expect the "other team" to come blame your "team".

Old 04-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
DAND
Whoa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrypayne
Alex hasn't done anything wrong. Tony is the one trying to sabotage the other shows by spreading threats & lies.
That's not what I'm talking about. That has it's own ongoing thread and it can stay there as far as I'm concerned.

I've seen first hand how one promoter will trash talk another, do his/her damnedest to screw up the other's show. Obviously not seeing that they are bringing themselves down at the same time. It is similar things like that I was referring to when making this thread.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
I've seen first hand how one promoter will trash talk another, do his/her damnedest to screw up the other's show. Obviously not seeing that they are bringing themselves down at the same time. It is similar things like that I was referring to when making this thread.
If that promoter wasn't talking trash as well as all the other things he's done as of late, maybe there wouldn't be any drama !

Old 04-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #7
homegrownherps
Quote:
Why is it seemingly impossible for there to be two show promoters within a close proximity without all the drama?
Because when one certain promoter does a show in any area he thinks he owns the dam county, a pulls what ever crap he can to run the other out.
Even death threats !

Maybe you should ask Tony why he does what he does instead of asking us why we are shedding light on his BS.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #8
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
That's not what I'm talking about. That has it's own ongoing thread and it can stay there as far as I'm concerned.

David

I agree with your first statement...it does have it's own thread and should remain there.

The problem is that every situation you are referring to that I know of involves Tony as the belligerent party.

Can you name a single promoter dispute that he did not initiate?

Old 04-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
David

I agree with your first statement...it does have it's own thread and should remain there.

The problem is that every situation you are referring to that I know of involves Tony as the belligerent party.

Can you name a single promoter dispute that he did not initiate?
Yes I can. As I stated earlier:

I was referring to two areas and two different pairs of promoters where I have vended. One located pair in Pennsylvania and one pair in Ohio. I have also heard of a similar instance in Michigan. Tony wasn't involved in any and I would appreciate him not being involved now. I was not referring to Tony in any way, shape or form when I initiated this thread. I was merely inquiring and looking for other's input. Not an additional thread for Tony.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
homegrownherps
Quote:
Why is it seemingly impossible for there to be two show promoters within a close proximity without all the drama? Am I the only one who thinks that it is hindering the business/hobby when the bickering, drama and games go on between those involved? Wouldn't it be beneficial for all involved if both shows did well? Instead it seems that the Hatfield-McCoy feud has spilled over into the herp trade.

Maybe you should have been a bit more specific about who were referring to.
Because I am not the only one who was mistaken about your post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!