New Herpstat Models Coming - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #41
Bill & Amy
I have heard some people complain about a small temperature variations in the temp setting of the Habitat Control System.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #42
glkherp
Herpstat Pro

I spoke to Dion at Spyder Robotics directly and the Herpstat Pro is going to offer the same features as the Herpstat II except for the decreased wattage per output. Spyder Robotics is planning on each output handling between 350 and 400 watts where the HCS only handles 250 watts per output. The Herpstat II also has more options already then the HCS. Here is the link to all the Herpstat II features http://www.spyderrobotics.com/products/herpstat2.html.

Another big advantage of the Herpstat line is they use true proportional technology, the HCS claim to use Digital Pulse proportional technology. From my understanding the difference is true proportional slowly cuts the voltage going to the output as your set temperature is reached. Pulse proportional very rapidly turns the output on and of. The time in between flickers becomes shorter as the probe temperature gets closer to your set temperature and speeds up as the probe temp drops. If this is what the HCS is using you can see it by plugging a light bulb into the output and letting the temperature come close to your set temp, you will see the light start flickering.

Dion is always open to suggestions so if you think of other feature you would like to see post them and I will make sure Dion takes a look.

Thanks,
George Knaack
GLK HERP

Old 06-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #43
spyderrobotics
Hey guy and gals. Just wanted to chime in again. Expect the Herpstat ND in the next 1-2 weeks. Finished manuals and product labels today. Device has been through some brutal testing with no problems. I have seen the specs on the HCS thermostat and the Herpstat Pro trumps them. Once the ND is released I'll be focusing on the Pro which I already have standardized on the majority of the hardware parts. Some items that are in debate are whether or not the Pro will be compatible with the USB cable and Uploader software. The Uploader is a breakthrough in security and monitoring temps but it seems to be a slow seller. Maybe ahead of its time? When the Pro is released the Uploader software will not be compatible with it (although the hardware will still be future compatible) and the debate is whether to put the time into the software. Also under debate is the lighting function that the H2 currently has (ability to control vivariums lights using one of the outputs ). Another one of those features I don't hear a lot of feedback over. Pretty much everything is going under the magnifying glass to determine if the extra features are necessary or are more confusing to customers than useful. Feel free to post your opinions on the above or other features and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread. I appreciate all feedback!

Dion Brewington
Owner, Spyder Robotics

Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #44
Bill & Amy
I will be using my H-II to control my lights in the near future, right now both probes are being used to control heat. I just got my 3 original Herpstats in the mail and will be freeing up the second probe and trying the lighting feature. I currently haven't used the USB connection on the H-II, but will defintely be interested in it in the near future. Being able to check in on temps would be a great plus. So I guess it would be a shame not to have it on the pro model. Just my 2 cents!! Keep up the great work Dion!!

Old 06-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #45
spyderrobotics
William:
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for your feedback!

Herpstat ND was released today! You can find the specs and manual here:

http://www.spyderrobotics.com/products/herpstatnd.html

Dion Brewington
Owner, Spyder Robotics

Old 06-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #46
shrap
Thanks for the updates, Dion. It is very much appreciated!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!