Rankin Dragon Lawsons Dragon Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
ReptileAddictions
Rankin Dragon Lawsons Dragon Question

Pogona brevis or Pogona henrylawsoni , I hope I picked the right section. I dont know where this best fit.
Years ago I used to breed Rankins. I had adults that had coloring in them. It became a major discussion here on Fauna that they were considered to not be "pure" Rankin, but generations before mixed with Bearded Dragon. I wasnt the one who did it if that was the case, anyways I sold all mine, even my breeders. Not because of that.
Now years later I aquired a female. (no color). I have been looking to purchase more for almost a year. I found someone who was selling a adult male and 7 babies. I saw pics on kingsnake. The seller said they were new from a UK bloodline. I purchased the adult male, and one baby. When I recieved them I noticed a different head structure on the adult than any Rankin I have ever had. He has fatty side jowles on his neck and he is able to portrude his lover neck- just like how Bearded Dragons push out their beard. It is my understanding that Rankins dont have the cartiledge in their necks to be able to do this. My concern is that I have yet again aquired some "Drankins".
Can anyone direct me to a site that would better explain the neck makeup of the 2, or someone who is an expert? At the bottom of the page on my website I am posting the first 2 pictures of my adult female. She looks like all the other Rankins I have had except no color. The 2nd 2 pictures are the male in question. The baby is 2 inches, so I am unable to tell yet, but supposedly from the same bloodlines as the adult male.
http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...bledragons.htm
Thank you for your help.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
calientedragons
Hey Jeane,

I need to correct you on something, The Adult male you received from me is not in any way related to the baby you got, I told you this in on conversation over the phone, I also stated that I don't know the back ground on him.. He does puff his chin out at bit because he is a nasty little bugger! But in my opinion, and by looking at all the rankin's I have here, even the imported ones, they all have a little bit of a beard, nothing like a bearded dragon, but there is a bit of one. I looked him over real good and he looked full Rankins to me, If he does have some pogona in him like 3 or 4 generations back like you suggested, there is no way for me to know that.. So no I would not call him a Drankin.. Do you have a picture of a Drankin to compare?
Also a little note on color, Yes the babies hatch with a little hint of color but they do not keep this color it fades out as they age ( even within a couple months)
And the whole reason I had purchased the imports is to breed new lines that are not related to the us lines..

Heidi

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!