getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #51
Vinny D
i understand what you are saying. but i received a 100% neurotocix envenomation i was paralized for 3 days and didnt have any necrosis at all. the curator of reptiles at the philla zoo said that my edb bite was a neurotoxic encenomation. im telling the truth i would never lie about something as serious as this. please belve me thanks.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #52
Vinny D
and yes, i have seen that wdb bite pic it's horrible. but the reason for his arm bring cut open was because of compartment pressure.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:28 PM   #53
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
and yes, i have seen that wdb bite pic it's horrible. but the reason for his arm bring cut open was because of compartment pressure.
Not really.

A fasciotomy would be the procedure performed to relieve compartment pressure and looks nothing like any of the presented pictures (unless your surgeon is Sweeney Todd).

The pictures in the link posted by Rich depict radical tissue ressection and debridement consistent with extensive tissue necrosis secondary to hemotoxic envenomation.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #54
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
THAT is the results of hemotoxic envenomation. Granted it is from a Western Diamondback, but I sincerely doubt a bite from an Eastern would be a substantially more kinder, gentler, experience to go through.

IMHO..........
I remember reading about that incident. FYI, that was most likely a Northern Pacific Crotalus viridus oreganus (has this gone species status yet? I'm a bit behind the new Western Rattlesnake complex study), but your point still stands. There is no way a bite from an EDB caused no tissue damage at all, and caused paralysis. Based on other incidents related to this poster, would it be too far fetched to wonder if maybe the bite (assuming it really happended as stated) was from another "exotic", and due to legalities or whatever, the identity of the snake was "incorrectly identified"? or am I just letting my imagination get totally out in left field?

Old 02-28-2006, 11:36 PM   #55
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
I remember reading about that incident. FYI, that was most likely a Northern Pacific Crotalus viridus oreganus (has this gone species status yet? I'm a bit behind the new Western Rattlesnake complex study),
darn can't edit. viridis,

Old 02-28-2006, 11:37 PM   #56
Vinny D
well i think i know what a crotalus adamenteus is. i was boarn and raised in florida and have cought and seen many. and they treated me with crofab. so it was a noth american pitviper. and i know what an edb look like from heat to rattle. and i did receive a neurotoxic effect from her bite.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:56 PM   #57
Vinny D
hay SHAVEMYCOINPURSE did you see the link webslave put in his post. the wdb bite there he needed the surgery to releve the compartment pressure.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:56 PM   #58
Scott Ashton
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
well i think i know what a crotalus adamenteus is. i was boarn and raised in florida and have cought and seen many. and they treated me with crofab. so it was a noth american pitviper. and i know what an edb look like from heat to rattle. and i did receive a neurotoxic effect from her bite.
Nothing you have posted on Fauna would lead anyone to come to the conclusion that you know anything about reptiles nor any other animal.

Do you understand the concept of diminishing return?

Old 02-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #59
Vinny D
no i dont

Old 03-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #60
Vinny D
if you guys really knew me you would respect me for what i have done for many years. not getting bit, but the passion and love i have for reptiles and all animals. i am very experienced about all reptiles snakes mostly since their my favorite. so can we please just let all of this go. i have never lyied on here or put anybody down. i just wanted to share my mistakes with other's so they wont make the same. please beleve me im not a fony in anyway or form. i may have came off to some of you as bigheaded and ingorant. but i didnt mean to. im sorry if i offended any 1 at all. but i will not leave fauna until i can get this cleared up. and hopefully i will. thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!