Bad Guy Boa Master - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
fitz505
Boa Master

A few weeks ago I ordered 4 custom PVC enclosures for Boa Master, Mark was slow in the production of the tanks so he offered to put them together for the inconvenience. Its been a couple weeks but I've noticed there are screws poking through everywhere and the track for the sliding glass on one of the tanks is coming off. I has originally drawn to Boa Master products because of the price compared to vision and animal plastics and Boa Master has the potential to be a great company but I'm afraid my animals are going to get cut on the screws and my large female boa got out because of the broken track.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
Lucille
Have you contacted the seller to try to work out a resolution?

Old 05-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
gila7150
Quote:
I has originally drawn to Boa Master products because of the price compared to vision and animal plastics
Lesson learned unfortunately. Animal Plastics and Vision would never send out that quality of work. I hope they make things right.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Michael Brown
My experience with Boa Master (Mark Venhorst) this year was nothing short of a nightmare. He made it “right” with partial refunds throughout the process, but, wow. Every part of the transaction was a massive headache, and I will absolutely never do business with him again. I am in no way shape or form surprised this has happened to you. But, IMO even if you are in a pinch for caging delivered fast, go elsewhere. Save yourself the headache.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
Lucille
Fitz, did you pay with your credit card or with Paypal?

Old 05-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #6
JColt
That is plain sloppy work. He should refund and shipped back on his dime. I would be furious. I'd definitely look into paypal/creditcard resilution.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #7
JColt
*resolution*

Old 05-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #8
fitz505
Lucille, We paid with card and we have email the seller and I'm waiting for a responce.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:33 AM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz505 View Post
Lucille, We paid with card and we have email the seller and I'm waiting for a responce.
As others have pointed out, there is always a time frame of one sort or another dealing with either cards or Paypal. It costs nothing to open a case, I suggest you go ahead and open one.
If the seller refunds you can close it once you actually have the refund in your hands. As a side note, sometimes a seller will ask you to close a case prior to refunding, because sometimes those funds are frozen. NEVER do this.

The poor quality in this case is particularly egregious, because the protruding screws into the habitat area itself could cause injury. I'm surprised that anyone claiming to love reptiles could send out a cage like that.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
Black Adder
Unfortunately I have to concur that you get what you pay for.
I was looking to revamp my room and would be buying approx 20 of 4foot x2 foot x1 foot enclosures.
Obviously Boa Master were the cheapest and times twenty would have made a considerable difference.
So I ordered just one to see how well they were built with the conversation was the explanation that if satisfied I would be ordering 19 more. Mark stated I would be more than happy and tbh he got that first one out to me in under 2 weeks so that was impressive enough.
However the quality was sadly lacking, to start the dimensions were all a good inch or more UNDER the listed size, so 47 inch not 48 inch etc. This on its own made it look odd in the stack with other true 4 foot cages.
The material used was noticably thinner and more prone to bow and sag than others used as well. Now I assembled this myself and that was easy enough and straightforward and no parts were missing or damaged so no complaints there but in general I would say I got what I paid for.

There was no way I was going to order anymore and ended up going with AP whose cages are in a different league for in all honesty not a great deal of dollars more.

Can I say the experience was a nightmare?

No not at all, I did get the tank quickly, it was all there, nothing broken but there is a definite reason they are cheaper than the competition for sure.
And just for me the material quality AND the fact it was not a true 48x24x12 was enough to send me elsewhere regardless of price.

I am not sure how he could have assembled it with the screws sticking through as it is pretty hard to screw it up (pun intended) on assembly unless you are really careless.
Not good at all!