Free baby Savannah Monitor... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
Varanus81
Free baby Savannah Monitor...

Hello Everyone,

I have a baby Savannah monitor up for adoption that I rescued about a week ago. When i got him he was was not in the best of shape, he was very thin and wasn't shedding so his tail was starting to rot.

Within 2 days he was shedding great and eating like a champ. The owners who had him before told me he was really really tame, I assumed he was being docile from the malnurishment and lack of proper heat. However, since I've had him he has not shown any signs of aggression, please note that just because he seems tame now their is no guarantee he will remain that way.

The only flaw this little guy has is that the tip of his tail seems dead and will likely fall off. I managed to nurse him back to health, but unfurtanetly I could not undo the damage to his tail. I'm looking for someone to pick him up locally in Northern NJ, I'm also willing to meet within a resonable distance. I would like him to go to an experienced hobbyist, or someone who really understands the demands that this monitor will require until adulthood and thereafter.

I would keep him, but I already have an adult Savannah monitor and more than i can handle at the moment with my other pets. I just couldn't leave him do die when i saw him. Please contact me if you live in the area and are willing to pick up this little guy. I'll throw in a good amount of Dubai roaches to get him started off with you.

I will provide pictures later on in the day....

Thank you,
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Aww. If you only lived just a little closer Id take him and offer him a home. I think I can do it with out my wife trying to kill me too, just as long as I dont veere into snakes im supposed to be good to go

Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
candace313
Adorable little one.. I hope he finds a great home. You did a great thing by taking him in!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Varanus81
May have a new home soon...

This guy may be going to his new forever home tonight!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
Varanus81
Adopted!!

I'm happy to say that this little guy found a home today!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Glad to hear. I didnt think it would take too long

Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
dean1990
do you still have him?

Old 04-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Kitishane
If you read up, you will see that he went to his new home on 06-08-2011.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
Riddle352
What a sweet face! Savannahs are so pretty!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!