SNAKE ID PLZ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Juvie DeKays brown snake is my guess

Old 10-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
AtrociousOne
i would wager that's a good guess alicia. i agree.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Juvie DeKays brown snake is my guess
Correct. They like worms and slugs. :eatpointe

Old 10-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
MyCrzyFlick
this is my first snake so I am new to their care. I went out today and got him some worms I placed some in his water dish and then some just around the terrarium he even had crickets.

i know there are care sheets out there but what snake would he be closest to??

Old 10-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCrzyFlick View Post
this is my first snake so I am new to their care. I went out today and got him some worms I placed some in his water dish and then some just around the terrarium he even had crickets.

i know there are care sheets out there but what snake would he be closest to??
They require similar care as the garter snake.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
MyCrzyFlick
thank you,

should i be worried that he isnt eating the worms i have placed in there or should i just give him time to adjust?? i have created plenty of hiding places for him to eat and placed some injured worms near each one.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
DAND
Quote:
thank you,

should i be worried that he isnt eating the worms i have placed in there or should i just give him time to adjust?? i have created plenty of hiding places for him to eat and placed some injured worms near each one.
I wouldn't worry. I'd give him/her a little time to adjust. If you can find some I'd try slugs. With the ones I have had in the past I have noticed they really like them.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #9
MyCrzyFlick
where do you think i could find some?? can i buy or do you think i would have to look outside

Old 10-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #10
DAND
Quote:
where do you think i could find some?? can i buy or do you think i would have to look outside
Outside would be the only place to find them. Under bark, logs or leaves would be your best bet. They like to eat mushrooms so if you have any growing in your yard that would be a good place to look also.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!