heat tape and lexan ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
karlsboa
heat tape and lexan ?

I have finished my plywood cage and just need to wait a couple weeks while the garage floor epoxy paint airs out ! it is 6 feet tall 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep and has 4 equal height compartments.
I ordered my heat tape and thermostat and my question is has anyone sandwiched the heat tape between 2 pieces of lexan and sealed it with silicone ? Share

Old 05-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
mxracer4life
I have sealed flexwatt under linoleum, but not lexan. What type of lexan is it? Just the normal sheeting for sign making?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
mxracer4life
From what I can tell Lexan easily handles 120 F degrees. I think it will be fine.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
karlsboa
Did the linoleum work well? Was it self stick?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsboa View Post
Did the linoleum work well? Was it self stick?
It installed easily, it was not the self stick, as that stuff sucks. I just used wood glue to hold it down, it works good, and if you ever needed to pull it back up the wood glue gave way. Linoleum works really good if you spot clean when needed and use something on top of it, like newspaper or aspen bedding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!