BOI Inquiries Issue - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
312Herps
real classy.Thanks for all the help you MODS are the greatest and really inspire people to want to help become contirbuting members .

Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
312Herps
Thumbs up

BTW thanks for your help Jen

Old 03-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
hhmoore
You responded while I was editing...and I did point out that it was a personal response.
Before you go knocking the mods - Clay's response to you was polite & accurate...and apparently not good enough for you, since you then came up idea of having her thread removed.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
312Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The following is a personal post, not from moderator me:

I figured that was the one - that shows up in BOI searches for "interhactive" and "Gutierrez"...as does this http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=Gutierrez. It also shows up on a google search, as well as a general search of this site.

The BOI search button found in the classifieds relies on the title, and only checks for username and the name registered to the account. Yes, it is specific; and spelling (including spaces) counts. I have to be honest - you told your customer "No worries", then posted "Still having issues ?? mod help please . Thanks" in this thread a few minutes later; which doesn't seem like a "no worries" kind of attitude. Now you're talking about getting her thread deleted, and having her post a new thread.....how about appreciating her effort, and the fact that she even posted? Her thread is picked up in just about any other search that people would do, and your not satisfied? After telling her no worries, you're going to go back and ask her to post again because the first one wasn't good enough for you?
I can understand wanting the feedback, but (IMO) you're going a bit overboard in your reaction to one customer's message not being picked up on the quick & easy search. Heck, I'm happy when my customers' send me an email saying they are happy with their purchase...I'm not going to gripe about somebody going the extra mile by posting a BOI thread to help get my name out there, even if they title it so it doesn't show up in the BOI button search.

Did you happen to notice that one of the threads picked up from the button in the classifieds doesn't appear in either regular BOI searches, site searches, or google searches? Are you going to ask that that one be removed, as well?

Apparently, I'm not very peaches and cream this morning....I'd better wander off and get some things done

*edit* Just wanted to add that your asking about this issue wasn't a problem, and was understandable. I also get that it is disappointing that your feedback doesn't appear there....but this is a known deficiency of that option; and I'm pretty sure that Rich has explained both the limitations & why he wasn't making a more general or broader reaching search. I'll admit that your last post(s) rubbed me the wrong way, and my response reflects that - I'm sure you didn't mean for it to get the reaction I had...you probably just got locked onto how to make it show up. I still think you're fixated too much on it, and that trying to get her post removed comes off the wrong way, though....what if we removed the post, and she wasn't willing to make a new one, lol?
Completely understandable Harald but was there really any reason to post what a 3rd person said other than attempting to be childish and insult me in a nondirect way ? with the OPINION of someone who's being nothing more than nosey in a situation that involves me my customer both you and i know that and Clays answer was polite (Thanks Clay ) i never said it wasn't the comment i posted was directed at you Harald . I trim , so i dont have to beat around the bush i'm direct , it's part of my character sorry . Maybe as a mod the concern should be less on what the relationship between me & my customers are and more about helping resolve issues with the forum. I'm not saying it in an Arsehole way , i'm just trying to get this resolved.Also i'm sure you don 't care about 1 measely BOI when you have 50 but i do. so if you could do what you signed up to do and help mod this that would be great. Thanks

Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterhactiveGecko View Post
so if you could do what you signed up to do and help mod this that would be great. Thanks
wow.

Harald is free to post his opinion in a user capacity on this site regardless of his position as a mod.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
Lucille
Rick, here's an idea: Why not go to one of the BOIs that do show up, and make a brief post with a link to the one that doesn't? That way, you would have the benefit of the 3rd BOI and not have to worry about running afoul of the understandable rules about editing that the mods work within.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
real classy.Thanks for all the help you MODS are the greatest and really inspire people to want to help become contirbuting members .
Knock it off, fella. You are being unreasonable and Harald is being a whole lot more light handed about it than I might. I read your reply about deleting that BOI thread just so you could get another pat on the back show up for you, but decided to hold my tongue instead of telling you what I really thought about your suggestion.

As for the quip about the contributing member thing, yeah, right.... Like I've never heard THAT before when something doesn't go someone's way around here. If you were really going to help contribute around here you likely would have done so already. You've been a member here for a year now and used this site quite a bit to advertise your animals for free, so yeah, THIS incident just stopped you dead in your tracks as you were ready to whip out the old PayPal payment, didn't it.

So please quit your whining about the world not revolving around YOU. It's really casting you in a very unpleasant light right now.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
312Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
wow.

Harald is free to post his opinion in a user capacity on this site regardless of his position as a mod.
He can post his opinion , i never said he could'nt or even shouldn't.I was just asking "The MODERATOR Harald " if he could help me fix this. thanks April

Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
312Herps
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Knock it off, fella. You are being unreasonable and Harald is being a whole lot more light handed about it than I might. I read your reply about deleting that BOI thread just so you could get another pat on the back show up for you, but decided to hold my tongue instead of telling you what I really thought about your suggestion.

As for the quip about the contributing member thing, yeah, right.... Like I've never heard THAT before when something doesn't go someone's way around here. If you were really going to help contribute around here you likely would have done so already. You've been a member here for a year now and used this site quite a bit to advertise your animals for free, so yeah, THIS incident just stopped you dead in your tracks as you were ready to whip out the old PayPal payment, didn't it.

So please quit your whining about the world not revolving around YOU. It's really casting you in a very unpleasant light right now.

Thanks

Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
WebSlave
Quote:
Thanks
You are welcome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!