Humidity & Elaphe emoryi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-2014, 04:48 AM   #1
Lupine
Humidity & Elaphe emoryi

Oh how I hate to be the one asking stupid noob questions! I'm a long-time ball python keeper, but tonight became (unexpectedly) the temporary custodian of a hatchling Great Plains Ratsnake (E. emoryi or whatever their new genera is). In a nutshell, I will not be able to take him to where I want to release him until next weekend, so I have a quick question. I've found several care sheets on rat/corns but none specified humidity, and since they're native it seems obvious, but since they likely spend time in damper places than inside my house, I will ask- do I need to make any adjustments for humidity? S/he is in a large-sized "critter keeper" with aspen substrate, a small water bowl and the smallest hide I have. I will offer a mouse pinkie tomorrow, tho I don't expect him to be at ease enough to eat. For grins, I'll attach a crappy pic I took with my crappy phone. Thanks for any advice.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Chip Bridges
I've never treated them any differently than corns. Just a water bowl in the enclosure seems to be adequate for good sheds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!