Corey Kingsbury - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
fybguy
Corey Kingsbury

I just did a trade with a guy named corey Kingsbury, I traded him a 5-6 ft beautiful high yellow iguana for a 4 foot columbian boa. I am moving and really didn't need the iguana any more I generally get about $150 for one that size so I thought the trade would be fair. I opened the bag up and discovered that the snake is in the middle of a bad shed it is under weight and had mouth rot as well as bubbles. This is rediculious I have emailed him about it and I hope that he takes care of the situation. I do not want the iguana back and I really don't want to ship this sick snake again. I just think I got screwed. Anyone else know this guy?

Thanx. Joshua Guerrero FYB Exotics.

P.S. For once it is me complaining about someone not vice versa.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:50 PM   #2
sunbakedherps
Why not contact me first??

I did just get the email and replied offering to do whatever I could to streighten out this problem. I offered to take the snake back or send additional animals. what more can I offer? thanks for coming to the BOI before even giving me a chance to make you happy with this deal. nice guy

Old 06-24-2003, 03:04 PM   #3
fybguy
Corey Kingsbury

I just recieved a very truly proffesional message from corey kingsbury regarding the iguana trade deal. He seems to be very willing to fix the problem with replecement or additional animals. This is rare in this business I hope that this deal works out well. He struck me as an honest guy when I spoke him on the phone. It is for this reason that I was shocked that the boa looked like it did when I recieved it. I was not trying to "start anything" by posting a thread like some do on this site. I was mearly upset and I thought that I would make a post about it. Corey if you are reading this I do not want to put any animosity between us at all. I just want us both to be happy and further our business. I am sorry if you took me posting a thread about this the wrong way.

Thanx for your patience.

Joshua Guerrero FYB Exotics

Old 06-24-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Darin Chappell
Tell you what Joshua,

If you are willing to make a post on someone saying that they messed you over on a deal when:

a) You admit that he seemed like an honest guy when you started the deal,

and

b) You never even gave this "honest guy" a chance to respond to your complaint to see if he would fix it because to be like that is "rare" in this industry,

then I guess that says a lot about YOU doesn't it? It's been my experience that people expect to be treated like they treat others. I know I won't be doing any business with YOU anytime soon, but Corey sounds like a good guy to me!

Old 06-24-2003, 03:26 PM   #5
NEWReptiles
Ya kinda jumped the gun Josh.
I would always give the other party time to resolve the issue. You will be suprised at the very high percentage of people in this trade that are VERY straight up.

Hope all goes well.

Old 06-24-2003, 04:06 PM   #6
sunbakedherps
I always offer a 7 day hassle free guarentee. that means HASSLE FREE, I did not argue or question the condition of the snake despite my opinion. I stand behind my animals and even overemphasized "If you are not happy with this animal when you get it, notify me right away and send it back." I also took photos of this animal before shipping and he had dificulty opening them but said he still wanted the snake. I asked him"are you sure you want this guy without seeing him first?" I personally try not to buy anything without seeing it first. I just felt the need to explain this situation a little further becouse I feel, the quality of my animals is in question. I appreciate josh's second post but it just goes to show,you cant jump to conclusions. As of right now, we are discussing what course of action we are going to take. I would like to take back the RTB that he claims is sick and replace it with an animal of equal value. Another option I presented him with is, he can keep this RTB and I would send something additional. So in conclusion, I will be in constant contact with Josh until this issue is resolved. I would also like to thank the people who responded with my exact thoughts on this issue.
Also, I got the iguana in this afternoon. He is a big impressive w.c iguana and I am happy with him despite his nasty disposition
Thanks for listening,Corey Kingsbury

Old 06-24-2003, 04:11 PM   #7
fybguy
corey kingbury

Look I am not going to get into another pissing match on this web site. I was asking for people's personal opinions and any business history on this guy. People on this site are supposed to help others not be oppinionated and nasty. Had I gotten screwed would any of you helped me I guess not. Corey and I will resolve the issue in a adult manner and work to further our business relationship. Oh yea for anybody who decides not to do business with me because of their own beligerance or ignorance or pessemistic tendencies is really loosing out I sell many really nice high quality animals.
It is your loss not mine. To Corey and all involved with him I appologize for posting the thread I did not have any idea that it would have the affect that it did.
Thanx again and again and again for your patience, Joshua Guerrero FYB Exotics

Old 06-24-2003, 04:42 PM   #8
Darin Chappell
Yeah Joshua,

You wrote, "I opened the bag up and discovered that the snake is in the middle of a bad shed it is under weight and had mouth rot as well as bubbles. This is rediculious I have emailed him about it and I hope that he takes care of the situation. I do not want the iguana back and I really don't want to ship this sick snake again. I just think I got *****ed." Well, who could POSSIBLY take THAT the wrong way, Joshua????

Then, you added a "P.S." saying, "For once it is me complaining about someone not vice versa." Yeah, that really sounds like you were just "asking for people's personal opinions and any business history on this guy"!!!!!!

Whatever. I don't think I'll be missing much by not dealing with you, except maybe a rash "bad guy" post I never deserved!

Old 06-24-2003, 08:49 PM   #9
NEWReptiles
Quote:
I was asking for people's personal opinions and any business history on this guy.
Im sorry, it seemed to me you were trying to slam him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!