Question about Woma Ball Pythons - History & Etc? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #21
gsrept
I think you are confusing the woma with nerds hidden gene woma. a regular nerd line woma will only produce womas. to produce the pearl you need a hidden gene woma and this also mixed with hg lesser and another unamed morph will make the soul sucker. the normal womas i have not seen any problems with. only the hidden gene woma can have issues.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #22
Willow
My woma is a normal woma...the lesser woma was a normal woma also...no hidden gene....still wobbles...no confusion here

Old 01-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #23
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
I think you are confusing the woma with nerds hidden gene woma. a regular nerd line woma will only produce womas. to produce the pearl you need a hidden gene woma and this also mixed with hg lesser and another unamed morph will make the soul sucker. the normal womas i have not seen any problems with. only the hidden gene woma can have issues.

I think that's incorrect ..

My woma is VPI line and has issues.

Also in Kevin//NERDs book kevin talks about the regular woma and how the super form is the Pearl. When the book was written though he didn't have photos of it or even mention the special gene woma. Ill check the page number when I get home.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #24
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
I think that's incorrect ..

My woma is VPI line and has issues.

Also in Kevin//NERDs book kevin talks about the regular woma and how the super form is the Pearl. When the book was written though he didn't have photos of it or even mention the special gene woma. Ill check the page number when I get home.
minute 3:45 of the interview Kevin says the hidden gene woma makes the pearl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Tg4...ayer_embedded#!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #25
Willow
Going slightly off topic lol....as I don't think it matters if its hidden gene or normal woma...Wobbles have been expressed in both

Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #26
snakechaarmer
It is a little off topic, but it's interesting to note..I wonder if when he wrote the book he didn't know he had two types of his line of womas? I thought I would scan this just for informational purposes to this thread. As you can see, the book also mentions nothing about wobbles or neurological problems.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #27
snakechaarmer
Here also is the blurb about the woma ball python from VPI's book and it talks about creating the pearl from a "regular" woma as well. What a mystery! It also has no mention of any issues.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #28
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Going slightly off topic lol....as I don't think it matters if its hidden gene or normal woma...Wobbles have been expressed in both
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Just trying to clarify the difference, too much confusion doesn't help the topic at hand.
I wonder why most spiders have some amount of "the wobbles" yet most womas are completely normal?

Just thinking out loud...

Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #29
gsrept
well from what i have seen at nerd his normal womas have no noticable wobble never seen vpi so i can not say what i do know that alot of the snakes he calls dingdong snakes have the hidden gene woma in it. where it gets confusing is the whole hidden gene woma, or woma the hidden gene version should have maybe been called something else.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #30
Willow
Like I said before...it was very hush hush when the spider wobble first started rearing its ugly head....I suspect atm its the same with womas....hence why there isnt much information out there about it from the big breeders

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
woma ball python