Pairs 2015: Ramses & Amber/Pearl (Hypo) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
Snakesitter
Pairs 2015: Ramses & Amber/Pearl (Hypo)

Finally, Living Gems is reaching the scale where we can pick and choose our breeder animals for the next year. We will have ten females large enough to breed this season, from which we will choose eight. Following is the profile of our first pairing.

Ramses
Ramses is a now-proven hypo four-year-old breeder male with an impeccable pedigree: his great-grandsnakes were the founder animals of the line, and he traces down directly by Michael Lockwood’s own hands. Here he is as of last September:

His potential mates, Amber and Pearl, are impressive four-year-old het hypo girls.

Amber
Amber is the barest touch nicer…

…but has been a finicky feeder ever since she tasted fresh killed, and now insists on it…if I push back, she stops eating and therefore growing. If I stand my weight ground, the still-gorgeous Pearl…

Pearl

…is more likely to meet LGR’s weight targets.

Ramses produced a litter of 13 het hypo babies in 2014, and Amber and Pearl are virgin females.

Thank you, as always, for reading.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
IkeLightner
look excellente there Cliff!! good work my friend! Should be some phenomenal babies (:

Old 01-21-2015, 12:29 AM   #3
Helenthereef
I've run out of words to put in comments to your posts - just amazing animals as always!

Old 01-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
He's such a nice example of a hypo! good luck with the pairings!

Old 01-21-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Snakesitter
Thank you, Ike, I appreciate it!

Old 01-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #6
Snakesitter
Why thank you, Helen! We try very hard to collect and breed just top animals, and it's nice to see people appreciating that!

Old 01-21-2015, 11:09 PM   #7
Snakesitter
Thank you, April! Here's to hoping he got enough "practice" last year! ;-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!