Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #41
Dixie Reptiles
I feel you only want to hurt David,s business and you certainly have a crowd reading this.I do not have sponsers and I have links on my web site that I do not charge for and I pay for my own flyers.You sold high priced advertising to pay your own way.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #42
jusmebabee
Curious as to why you went ahead and did all the banners and the other things if you hadn't heard from him or received funds.
Your emails show you constantly trying to get money from him and getting no response which should've told you to slow down and don't do anything until you heard from him. A email saying check is in the mail is not something to hang your hat on.
You were on notice yet continued to ignore all the signs.
He finally said I'll send a check. Maybe you should've stop all advertising until you received funds.
I haven't seen any contract. It's just emails and nothing legally binding. I'm sure you know the reptile business is as cut throat as any business so signature on the dotted line should be required.
My opinion and my opinion only is there is no contract, which requires a meeting of the minds and I don't see it in this case therefore I don't know why he would come here to respond. ( i just like this smiley)

Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #43
Dixie Reptiles
Thanks Joel,this is the reptile business if I ran to the B.O.I everytime someone failed to buy or send a check I would live here.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #44
Kingetula
No one likes the car dealer who jacks up the price because it is in demand (Prius for example) but on the other hand no one is forcing anyone to buy a Prius. My point is I have bought snakes and paid a little more then I should have and once you add shipping it's really over priced but if I agree that is on me. I can't agree to buy, get the snake and say never mind or not pay. (I guess I could but I'm sure my name and my thieving ways would be posted all over Fauna *wink wink*)

Having links for free is a choice. David agreed to pay and that was his choice even if it was more than you or someone else would have paid for it. I don’t think anyone is out to get him. I think someone wants to get paid for an agreement David agreed to and now is hiding in the bushes hoping it goes away. By David not stepping up and at least giving his side only IMO makes him look guilty and if he does come on here and speak I only wonder if he took so long is because he was thinking of a guy way to save face with a good story… (My computer doesn’t work because my snake swallowed my computer mouse…)

Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #45
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles
Thanks Joel,this is the reptile business if I ran to the B.O.I everytime someone failed to buy or send a check I would live here.
It's one thing to tell a breeder I will buy and never does but it's another thing to ship a snake and the buyer never pays. The advertising was done but payment wasn't made. Damn straight I would be a little upset too.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #46
jayefbe
Terry, it appears as though you're running your own reptile show, and reptster is associated with it. If you disagree with the way Mr. Young is being portrayed then share your personal experience with us. Instead of defending him for reasons that are absolutely insane (the AGREED UPON price was too much, we haven't heard Mr. Young's side of the story, the reptile business is full of people that don't pay), why don't you explain why you have a different opinion of Mr. Young.

As of now, there could be a million acceptable reasons that Mr Young has not paid the $750. The fact that he has refused to post here in the BOI and that he refuses to communicate with Kelly in any way is where the real problem lies.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #47
kmurphy
Quote:
I feel you only want to hurt David,s business and you certainly have a crowd reading this.I do not have sponsers and I have links on my web site that I do not charge for and I pay for my own flyers.You sold high priced advertising to pay your own way.
Terry who cares what you do with your site? You're so hung up on how equitable the charges are that you don't seem to get the picture. David agreed to the charges so at one time he thought they were just. So right then it doesn't matter whether you thought they were just or not. You're not one of the parties and this thread isn't about the fairness of charges for show sponsership. If David thinks that this thread is unfair he should come here and state his case.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #48
Suncoast Herpetological
Terry

Whether or not the price was above market, David agreed to pay it. Kelly's method of running her shows apparently differs from yours.....so what? She sells advertising / sponsorships and you don't....so what. So far not a single one of your posts on this thread have really made any sense. Your objecting to her advertising philosophy is beyond irrelevant here. This is not a case of someone someone saying that they would take an animal and then flaking. This was acceptance of an ongoing service that took place over a couple of months. There is quite a difference.

Joel

I'm not quite sure where you acquired your legal acumen but a contract most definitely is in place here. Whoever told you it needs to be signed before it is valid is in error. It is always preferable but not necessary. Emails are most certainly binding just like any other written correspondence. A service was offered for a price and accepted. Approval of advertising was given by David. He even suggested a payment plan. Your assertion that Kelly should not have implemented the service till she was paid has a bit of merit but she apparently thought his word that payment was on the way was good enough. That was a mistake only in hindsight. When I am dealing with people whose word i think is good I generally extend trust till there is a reason not to.

David definitely needs to respond. You two seem to be his only defenders here.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #49
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula
It's one thing to tell a breeder I will buy and never does but it's another thing to ship a snake and the buyer never pays. The advertising was done but payment wasn't made. Damn straight I would be a little upset too.

Who ships reptiles or anything else without getting paid first?

According to the emails she kept emailing and emailing and emailing an still no response.. That to me says he is no longer interested for whatever reason..
No offense but just seems pushy and like a phone solicitor that won't stop calling after you ignored the first few calls.

It was at least a month between contacts or something like that.. So why would anyone do all that advertising with out getting paid, heck at least a deposit?

I don't know either party but I just don't see why he would or should come here to defend himself. So he comes and responds.. I guarantee there will be a bunch more questions and this will drag out to 80 pages of back and forth..
That is why people sign contracts to avoid these situations..

Old 09-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #50
Dixie Reptiles
I did not see an e-mail where David agreed to anything,very onesided, but this is the dogpack of the B.O.I . If my posts do not make sense to you stop reading them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster