Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #71
Amelanistic Orca
A kickback would be sending some offspring his way as David knows exactly what he is doing... My interpretation at least??

Old 11-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #72
JudyC
I do think it would be wise of Brian to come here and give HIS side of the story. I honestly don't believe any party in this misadventure is out to rip anyone off. There are no scams going on here.

But misunderstandings? Unrealistic expectations? Yeah...most likely.

I don't think there is a court in this land that would award damages based on unpredictable clutch results. But since Brian accepted responsibility for the genetics of the animal, then you are due some sort of recompense. HOWEVER....if Brian refunds you monies spent base on the potential value of the animal...isn't he also entitled to have that animal back in his possession? If you take a product back to a store and say, "This isn't what I paid for, I want my money back"...they'll give you your money back but you also have to return the product. How can that happen if you don't even own it anymore?

Old 11-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #73
Casey Hulse
Quote:
if Brian does give you compensation, and next season that male proves out (stranger things have happened), would you make mention of it on here and send the snakes he gave you back? Not trying to jump on you, just curious.
I doubt that this snake will be bred to another het. if the owner feels he is not a het. it would be a waste of a season.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #74
Amelanistic Orca
I'm sure Dave and Cliff would be glad to ship him back at Brian's/Chris's expense after compensation..

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #75
rcpreis3
I think the snake should be sent back, but then again what would a bigtime breeder like Brian want a male spider? he'd prolly lose money shipping out the replacement, paying for shipping on the spider to come back, and then have to pay to ship it again to a buyer

just my $0.02

Old 11-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #76
JBartolett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I doubt that this snake will be bred to another het. if the owner feels he is not a het. it would be a waste of a season.
I agree. But that would leave the owner with, as far as they know, nothing more than a male spider. I'd at least want to breed it to a visual hypo just to make sure, at the very least you are making the animal you thought you were getting in the first place.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #77
ozz465
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bellis View Post
But again this is all besides the point. Brian already agreed that his het didn't prove out and agreed to make a deal with me. This was done in May and I was told I'd be compensated in July or August when his stuff hatched out. He never followed through with anything he told me and that's what this post is about. Period.
Very true if he agreed to compensate you u should be compensated .

I knew there were going to be some BHB cheerleaders here but really sheeple give me a break. I've got emails from Brian telling me he's going to send me an inventory list to pick an animal from, which he never does, and you guys are trying to go back in time and figure out a way that he doesn't have to honor what he told me.
I don't really see any cheerleaders here , ill say it for only myself since i don't know anyone here , I really could care less of either bhb or you since it doesn't affect me either way , but my interest lies in the FACTS and seeing someone get what they pay for ,nothing more nothing less.that's why the BOI is for .
This is the reason people don't like Fauna and the BOI. It's this hive mind mentality where despite all the evidence people are still going to side with whoever is 'popular'. I don't really get it and I wasn't looking forward to making the post for just this reason.
I dont like to sound like the BOI hounds here but for a site you seem to dislike you gladly use its features
I don't stand to gain anything from making this post and certainly plenty to lose. If Brian was going to follow through he probably isn't going to now. I only made this public because I felt I had no other option. I tried and tried and tried (40+ emails and plenty of phone calls over six months!!!!) to work something out but if he ignores my emails and won't contact me what else am I supposed to do??

and i agree with you here , he agreed to make it right according to you and now u have been ignored , not right at all.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #78
tomini
wow

well in my thoughts i would say that chris got the snake, then sold it to david and david tried to prove the het.. its like driving a car with an extended warranty.. someone goes and buys a car from a dealership new it comes with a factory warranty and then they go and sale it to someone else 99% of the time the factory warranty still stands until the given time or mileage given.. so if david nor cliff could prove the het then there for the warranty still stands and he should get the value of the snake back no matter how much it was.. if he paid 1200$ for it then he should get 1200$ for it.. bhb is huge and i know that but just like all big corps they dont really look at the lil man when something goes wrong.. brian should have had someone taking care of this issue when it was first presented.. he has 100,000s of snakes he could have given in response to the claim but yet he chooses to be stingy or stall for hatchlings.. you deserve alot more then the value of the snake in my opinion. time is money and money is something alot of ppl dont have but we all know bhb has tons of it.. im a small breeder and i know i want that warranty on the animals i buy.. thats my money no matter how many ppl who have owned it before me.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #79
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I think the snake should be sent back, but then again what would a bigtime breeder like Brian want a male spider? he'd prolly lose money shipping out the replacement, paying for shipping on the spider to come back, and then have to pay to ship it again to a buyer

just my $0.02
If I were in Brian's shoes, I'd want the animal back. I'd put him with a visual (at least one) to prove once and for all if the animal is het or not. Then at least he'd know...and could then resell it as a PROVEN het or sell it as simply a spider.

Also, if Brian goes above and beyond the call of duty to compensate for potential clutches...then he should expect that level of compensation BACK if the animal proves out as truly being het.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #80
David Bellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBartolett View Post
A few questions/points for the OP

I think the reason people were asking what type of compensation you were asking for was to make sure you were seeking fair compensation. If you were looking for $10,000 in compensation, that wouldn't seem like a fair request. The amount you stated when you finally posted seems, to me, reasonable, and judging by the response from brian you posted, he didn't seem to think it was unreasonable either.
But really, so what? What does it matter if I was asking for $1,000,000 or a normal corn snake. Brian agreed to it and then wouldn't follow through. I didn't originally post the amount because I didn't find it relevant. If Brian was still sending me emails last month telling me he'd get me an inventory list it seemed fairly obvious to me that I wasn't trying to get anything crazy from him. You guys thought it was a big deal so I posted it.

I have nothing to hide here, I just didn't think it would be necessary to post 45 emails in the thread. If I'm a little defensive it's probably because I knew I'd be spending lots of time defending myself against people who had nothing to do with this transaction. I think this thread would be very different if I weren't saying something about BHB but maybe I'm crazy.

Quote:
I understand that you are saying brian knows the original buyer well enough to know this is not a scam, but step back and look at from outside your string of events-people are going to look at this situation with a bit of skepticism. You have a large, well known breeder being called out on a snake from someone who did not originally buy it from him and that does not still own the animal in question. You have to admit, from the outside looking in, it smells of scam. That being said, after reading through everything, i don't think it is a scam.
Why? Brian has known the history from start to finish and if this was a scam or if I'm slandering him then please, sue me. I've shown a mountain of evidence and can't even get a response from Brian and yet you're all grilling me. And then you wonder why I'm defensive.

Quote:
Did brian know you no longer actually own the animal in question when you contacted him? I understand it is extremely frustrating to have such a difficult time getting resolution on this, but if Brian knew that you did not originally purchase the animal, you no longer have the animal, and you are seeking compensation, and he was even willing to work with you at all, it has to say something about his character. Are the others invovled seeking any compensation?
Yes, Brian knew all of the details from start to finish. Telling someone you'll do something multiple times and then never doing it does indeed say something about his character. What it says I guess we'll have to disagree on.

Yes, Cliff was also working out a deal with Brian and I hope this doesn't screw it up for him. The last I spoke to Cliff though he was told he'd get an inventory to pick from that he never saw either. But as I've stated multiple times, if Brian doesn't compensate Cliff **I WILL**.

Quote:
finally, if Brian does give you compensation, and next season that male proves out (stranger things have happened), would you make mention of it on here and send the snakes he gave you back? Not trying to jump on you, just curious.
Make mention of it and send the snakes back?? I would start a new thread with a huge apology just for starters. You don't think this crossed my mind at all, that it's been bad odds after bad odds? Of course it has. But after four clutches and 20+ eggs I'm 99.999999999% sure he's not a het. And I think Brian felt the same way which is why he told me for six months that he would do something.

But he didn't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!