Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #61
JudyC
Does it seem awfully stingy to anyone that if they ship you a snake you paid $8.76 to buy...and it dies during shipping...that they would refuse to refund you your $8.76??

Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #62
rabernet
They can't even guarantee that you'll "win" the animal you bid on.

Quote:
Should BallBids.com not be able to deliver the item ordered, BallBids.com shall promptly notify the winner if it can deliver a comparable substitute product that has the same or better features. The winner shall then promptly notify BallBids.com if it wishes to receive this substitute or if it prefers to receive a refund of the final auction end price.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #63
rabernet
The above quote is from Item 8 on their site, regarding delivery.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #64
Temporalis_Enterprises
Wait, I didn't know snakes had features. I wonder if they'll auction one off that plays Blue Rays?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #65
ShortStack
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Does it seem awfully stingy to anyone that if they ship you a snake you paid $8.76 to buy...and it dies during shipping...that they would refuse to refund you your $8.76??
I found it stingy, too. On top of that, the return policy is vague as to what it is referring to. I very seriously doubted that they would apply that to a snake, but since I didn't see any other "products" on their site, I wondered what it was all about. Was it worded in a possibly misleading way on purpose? Or did they just throw a standard return policy up there without giving it much thought? That we will probably never have a REAL answer to, but either way, it's not a good sign to me.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #66
ShortStack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenandoahReptiles View Post
Wait, I didn't know snakes had features. I wonder if they'll auction one off that plays Blue Rays?
Hahahaha.. I missed that memo, as well. I should have asked Avi when he was going to mosey on back here and answer some other questions for us when I had him on the chat.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #67
Temporalis_Enterprises
I mean if they're auctioning off a snake with a blue ray player in the snakes cloaca, I'll bid . I don't think we'll see Avi again!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #68
Breaking Balls
I'd compare this to the "Titanic" but at least the "Titanic" launched successfully before it went under.

Regards,

B

Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #69
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStack View Post
Was it worded in a possibly misleading way on purpose?
I honestly don't believe it was intentionally misleading. I think they just ripped the TOS off of some other penny-bid site and didn't bother reading it or adjusting to to their very unique situation of dealing with live animals.

It's just another example of very poor business savvy, at the very least.

The fact that they would simply plagiarize someone else's TOS...the fact that they don't bother reading it to see if it even makes sense...the fact that they can't be bothered to adjust it to meet their very specific and peculiar needs....each says a lot about the skill and capabilities of those trying to get this business off the ground.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #70
ShortStack
I'm sure it's just another thing that applies to "other" products that they "may" auction off at a later date. Just like those customer testimonials that are coming soon..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp