Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #31
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
I check the temperature of the snake with the IR gun and it was 110 degrees. Like I put the gun to it's skin because it felt very hot.
I don't know, man. You're not making a very good case for either your knowledge level, or your intentions. Don't suppose you thought to take pictures of this? I can't help think that it's noteworthy that you didn't bother to mention this until after it was pointed out that excessive heat could have something to do with the snake's condition.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #32
RichsBallPythons
It may seem off topic, but i believe a proper rundown of how the snake was being kept, and pictures of said setup or video will help.

In 2 weeks for it to start this seems like a malfunctioning hot spot in your rack or thermostat glitched.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #33
Focal
A heat pack will easily exceed 100 degrees. As long as the pack wasn't directly on the snake, it should be fine. I have had this happen to me and you would know within the first hour.

Also, you make it seem like it was easy to tube feed her. I've been using preventative medicine on incoming snakes for a while and I can say its not an easy task, even on the sickly, small and weak snakes that I have treated. A snake doesn't go from eating to so weak that it can be easily be tube fed in one day without something causing this issue between those two events, IMO.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #34
aeterrabyte
I don't think this snake can eat and drink the way it is, and will soon die. A train-wreck is ok if its at least eating and living. I don't think this snake is going to live. I can make a video update of the snake to show you whats up with her currently.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #35
laterob
Thomas, she ate Saturday! She was fine then, right? What happened between then and now? It sure as heck isn't IBD.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #36
cahrens
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
There is no way I have caused harm to this little snake. I want the best for her. I am just disappointed with the snake i was sold by Rob Hutchinson. I have bought many snakes on fauna and have had no problems with anyone. This is the first. I am not making treats of IBD. Honesty there is no way of knowing until after she is dead. All I can tell you is something is very wrong with her and it is within his 30 day guarantee that he posted on the add. In my own opinion I think it could be IBD, or a severe defect from breeding spider x spider. I would like rob to accept the snake back and to refund my money. I am taking the snake to the vet tomorrow to rule out IBD. I know it comes from boas and rob deals with boas so it is just a suspicion that I have. She is very isolated from my other snakes and they all seem find at this point. I will keep you updated after I go to the vet tomorrow.
Rob,
What was the guarantee given in the ad? Not implied or assumed, what's the wording in the ad? That's what needs to steer your course of action here.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #37
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
A heat pack will easily exceed 100 degrees. As long as the pack wasn't directly on the snake, it should be fine. I have had this happen to me and you would know within the first hour.

Also, you make it seem like it was easy to tube feed her. I've been using preventative medicine on incoming snakes for a while and I can say its not an easy task, even on the sickly, small and weak snakes that I have treated. A snake doesn't go from eating to so weak that it can be easily be tube fed in one day without something causing this issue between those two events, IMO.
Yes the actual heat packs, more specific the 40hr uni ones ive got videos of them hitting 110-130 in 80f Room. But once out in winter temps traveling around on planes, that will drop to the 80-90s keeping the snake around room temp.

If the box were flipped during transit in 78F temp and snake laid on the heat pack, yes that can cause it, but indirect touching during winter wont happen.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #38
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post

The tube feeding is not really tube feeding. It was just getting some water into her mouth. Like literally a drop. I don't think she has drank anything since then and will probably need more hydration at the vet tomorrow, but I will let them take care of that.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #39
RichsBallPythons
Its not IBD, if it was it would of been dead week ago!

Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #40
laterob
I am with you, Chris, and I struggled with this for awhile. I offer a 30-day health, sex, and satisfaction guarantee. I have no verbiage to exclude negligence on the buyer's part.

At the same time, I think some reasonable expectation of proper husbandry should be expected.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles