Leucistic Western Hognose - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-01-2004, 10:46 PM   #1
RedDevil
Leucistic Western Hognose

Whatever happened to them? I seen a few pics a long time ago, but have never seen them for sale.

Just wondering who has them, and if they are going to be bred.

Old 05-02-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
odatria
Re: Leucistic Western Hognose

Quote:
Originally posted by RedDevil
Whatever happened to them? I seen a few pics a long time ago, but have never seen them for sale.

Just wondering who has them, and if they are going to be bred.
They were all confiscated as far as I know. In the hands of officials, suffice it to say they will NOT breed.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:44 PM   #3
evansnakes
Yep. 3 people had them. They were all seized by the federal government from those 3 people. I am unsure if any on those folks still were able to keep hets but it is kind of irrelevant since any leucistics from that bloodline will be illegal as well.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:20 PM   #4
Wilomn
Ok, I must have been brumating when this happened.

Is there someplace where I can get the details or could someone email me the what happened part of this.

I never even heard that there were any.

thanks,
Wes

Old 05-03-2004, 01:05 AM   #5
evansnakes
a couple years ago a guy sold some baby leucistic western hognose that he produced to a couple big name guys in the biz. Last year under the big Ohio based multi jurisdictional sting that fish and wildlife conducted, the guy was arrested and his animals were seized as well as the animals that he sold to the two people under the explanation that the origional animal was illegally taken from the wild and therefore any offspring of that animal were illegal as well.

Old 05-03-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
RedDevil
Thats a shame. Hopefully another will come up someplace where it is legal.

Heres a link to the picture. http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.pl?photo=20603

Old 05-26-2004, 05:23 PM   #7
cebowa
I’m missing something here.

The snakes were confiscated and so what then?
- They kill them? (This would not be looking out for the best interest of the wildlife, what kind of system would it be.)
- They release them back in the wild? (Once again, not a best practice and especially for those that would stand out and be killed right away like this gorgeous Leucistic Western Hognose’s (LWH).)
- They auction them off to help fund farther protection? (This sounds like a good idea.)

I am curious to know what happens to these animals. We need to protect them, not just the LWH but all reptiles. This is a free country, we need to start working as a team to reverse laws written by the unknowing and those with a dislike for reptiles.

Old 05-26-2004, 05:27 PM   #8
RedDevil
I was wondering that, myself. I figured that they would be given to a zoo or something. Don't know what they did with them though.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #9
Hognose_311
What evan said sounds about right.

Old 07-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #10
RedDevil
Yup, that is what happened. I was just curious as to what they did with them once they where taken.

*EDIT*
And does anyone know who purchased the Leucistic Eastern that was on the KS classifieds on the 4th of July? I was going to make an offer, but something happened to my computer, and I had to get a new HD. After I fixed it the ad was gone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!