Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #21
redarms
She said this was a year ago, before offering her collection for sale the other week. It is terrible losing a pet, and her snake, Layla, was a spider I believe. Any neurological issues could have been easily overseen by the wobble. Mindy works for a pet store also, and has a very deep love of reptiles. More than what I can say most unorthodox breeders do. I have done business with her personally and can vouch for the health of her animals. I am absolutely positive she isn't out to do any shady business practice, as we all know how one incident can kill someone's reputation, I'm sure she would avoid that at all costs.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #22
bobbafett
Isn't this pet store her fathers?

And don't they have a snake there that became overheated? And she's blaming the severe weight loss on the enclosure getting too hot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #23
Dennis Hultman
Oh, I see in one of the text captures that you stated you had another snake at the time that continued to be outwardly healthy. That can't be used to rule out any infection. Asymptomatic carriers will destroy others collections in a heartbeat.

If one did in fact have IBD the correct response is to eliminate the collection, period.

Quote:
But she said the person who she got the snake from had part of his collection die and the necropsy showed inclusive bodies.

Quote:
She said this was a year ago, before offering her collection for sale the other week. It is terrible losing a pet, and her snake, Layla, was a spider I believe. Any neurological issues could have been easily overseen by the wobble. Mindy works for a pet store also, and has a very deep love of reptiles. More than what I can say most unorthodox breeders do. I have done business with her personally and can vouch for the health of her animals. I am absolutely positive she isn't out to do any shady business practice, as we all know how one incident can kill someone's reputation, I'm sure she would avoid that at all costs.
It doesn't matter if she is a good person and the loves reptiles. All that can be true but reading those quotes I don't think she quit understands how serious and flippant her comments are about IBD.

If she did buy from a breeder over a year ago that admitted to losing a large part of his collection to IBD, then she lost the snake she purchased from him, it is important to know some facts about all the snakes that she had at the time. Where they are and how developed her quarantine procedures are.

When you have a diagnosed case of IBD in a collection. You just don't put down the ones that are showing symptoms. If you don't put them all down, you need to be done with buying, selling or breeding. They are with you until they are dead. No going to shows or anything else.

Quote:
Any neurological issues could have been easily overseen by the wobble.
I understand that but if the other quote about the breeder she purchased the animal from is correct then she had good reason to believe it was IBD just like she stated.

So it is important to know which animals were in contact with the deceased animal and how/where are all the surviving animals. Which animals have the surviving snake(s) been in contact with. New snakes she purchased since?

It 's not a question if she is a good person or not. People should know the facts.

One last point. I think it is a very important one. If in fact she bought from a breeder that stated he/she lost a large part of his/her collection to IBD it is important to know if that person continued selling uninterrupted. Did she receive a replacement from this breeder?

Old 10-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #24
Dennis Hultman
The main concern I have is the nonchalant appearance that those messages portray of possible IBD in a collection. That's the image that it puts forth.

I don't want to see someone's reputation unfairly tarnished. I understand she had one snake pass away over a year ago. It still is important to know which snakes she had then and how they have been isolated from new arrivals.

Her present collection could be fine. It's still important to give a full picture of what transpired.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #25
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
quit
*quite

Old 10-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #26
bobbafett

Screenshot where she says the buyers necropsies showed inclusive bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #27
lillyorchid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redarms View Post
She said this was a year ago, before offering her collection for sale the other week. It is terrible losing a pet, and her snake, Layla, was a spider I believe. Any neurological issues could have been easily overseen by the wobble.
No this snake in question wasn't a spider, as she posted the "IBD" videos on YouTube as I have been shown. So did this happen "over a year ago" or 9 months ago, as her upload dates show? Who was the person who sold her this snake, who also lost some of their collection to IBD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwN7ajdxYj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8a1-L40ta0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv7D59bvLC8

Old 10-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #28
redarms
I was giving a statement of her character in the later part of my post. No doubt IBD is serious and proper measures should be taken, as with any ailment. I'm always super careful who I buy from. I just don't trust everyone to take care of these animals properly and put the necessary time and knowledge into it. I haven't purchased an animal from Mindy, but she has a few from me and I can guarantee their health 1025% up until they're out of my hands.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #29
lillyorchid
Also since when does a snake die from organ failure within such a short amount of time from "being over fed"? That just doesn't make sense to me at all, as I've been feeding my snakes once a week for YEARS (2005 to be exact) . I've never lost a snake, nor have I ever heard of anyone else losing a snake due to "over feeding" or "organ failure" due to over feeding. If this is true, wouldn't A LOT of people being having their collections die off left and right due to "organ failure from over feeding"?

Old 10-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #30
mjcballpythons
"first"

It was my first ever snake. First ever snake i even held.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!