How can someone search for all my posted ads/threads? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-30-2022, 01:17 AM   #1
Zonata64
How can someone search for all my posted ads/threads?

I have had people who ask me "What else do you have available." I am not going to relist everything I have available in a text or email. How can someone pull up all my ads/threads? I have tried to search for all my threads/ads with the search function but can't seem to find away to pull them all up. Actually can't pull up any of them. Help please!

Old 09-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Go to your profile.
Hit 'statistics'.
Hit 'find all classifieds by Zonata64'.
Copy the URL from the page that lists all your ads, and give that link to whoever you want.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:26 AM   #3
Zonata64
Thanks for your help. Only issue is I don't/won't use Fauna Classifieds on my phone. I use my desk top computer to post ads and hope people contact me via email (desk top only) or text. Hate doing stuff on my little smart phone screen and keyboard. Can't copy and past the Fauna link into a text. Would have to write it - what a pain. It would be nice if the inquiring party could look it up themselves. Any option for that? Thanks again for your help.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:35 AM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Well, once you got it onto your phone somewhere you could cut and paste it from, you'd have it on your phone. You could cut and paste that link in your desktop browser, email it to yourself, check your email on your phone, cut and paste the link into Notes or whatever app on your phone would work and cut and paste it from there whenever you need it to put into a text.

You could also put the link into each of your Fauna ads when you post an ad: "see the rest of my available animals here [link]". I have a basic block of text in each of my ads that includes link to my TOS, shipping info, etc that I simply cut and paste into each new ad -- you might think about arranging your ads that way for ease of posting new ones. Then when you post an ad you just cut and paste the basic ad from a previous one, add details about the specific animal, add a photo and you're done.

Old 10-07-2022, 05:10 AM   #5
Zonata64
Thanks for the help.

Yea part 1 of your response is not going to happen. I don't do email on my phone. I tried to one time and it wanted to download 10,000 email messages. Deleted all that. Plus I love not having email, Facebook and the like on my phone. Again tiny little screen/keyboard nothing but a pain. The camera takes shitty pictures so use a real digital camera and upload to the desk top.

Part 2 of your help sounds like the ticket. I do have a basic ad template that I use for all my ads.

But still don't understand why Fauna doesn't have a search feature by username.

Thanks again for the help.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:32 AM   #6
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonata64 View Post
But still don't understand why Fauna doesn't have a search feature by username.
Well, it does -- it is the procedure I outlined (username, profile, statistics, 'find all classifieds by'). That works for any registered user to find ads from any other user. Perhaps a simple way to explain this to buyers is to say "go to my profile and you'll see a link to my other ads". Hopefully even the Facebook generation can figure out how to go from there.

Another way to search is to use the general site search button, specify 'advanced search', leave the keyword box empty, specify the seller's username in 'search by username' field, and select the 'reptile and amphibian classifieds' in the 'search in forum(s)' field. That will spit out all the ads by the specified user, and none of the discussion posts by that user. This is a little more putzy, but the search tool here is quite decent (compared to, say, Xenforo's which is often nearly unusable).

There is only one more click needed to go from one of my ads to my other ads here compared to the custom software that the other classified site runs. Considering vBulletin is over 20 years old, this isn't a big difference at all.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:39 AM   #7
Zonata64
Yea the guy that wanted to know what else I had available was the scammer Charliebothmann230@gmail.com. He wanted to send me a cashiers check for $2000 and so forth. Thanks again for your help.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:20 AM   #8
Beyond GenetiX
They can also click on the "ads" button at the bottom of any of your posts.
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2022, 11:56 AM   #9
Socratic Monologue
Jason, I'm not seeing that button on anyone's ads, including my own. Looks like that's a mod tool (either purposefully or there's a glitch and it is supposed to appear for all users).

Old 10-11-2022, 12:07 PM   #10
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Jason, I'm not seeing that button on anyone's ads, including my own. Looks like that's a mod tool (either purposefully or there's a glitch and it is supposed to appear for all users).

Oof, maybe you are correct.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!