Bad Guy BEWARE of "WORLD PET EXPOS" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
Wolfy-hound
"Non-refundable" does NOT apply when he did not provide a show. That's like signing a Non-refundable contract for buying a car.. but there's no car!
That's called stealing. Best of luck in getting your money back. I hope your CC will take back the money too. Don't let that contract out of your hands!!! Not to anyone.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Craigh
Can a mod remove the attachment if she doesn't log soon. Wouldn't want it getting in the wrong hands...

Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
Susan S.
Thanks John, Lady Ohh and Craigh for noticing the CC info....I didn't really know how to go back and get it out. The attachment is gone now....thanks to all.

I plan to wait until after March 1st and then dispute the charge with the credit card company. My initial contact with the CC people was disappointing when they told me due to the contract "no refund" clause, there was nothing they could do. But I will try again after the show dates are past and no show has occurred.

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles

Old 02-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
hhmoore
I "unapproved" the attachment, so it is no longer visible. I'm going to ask that you respost the receipt with the credit card information removed. I will compare the two, and confirm that they were no other changes made.
It was up for about 3 hours though....probably worth the pain in the butt to cancel that card, just to be safe.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
Craigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
It was up for about 3 hours though....probably worth the pain in the butt to cancel that card, just to be safe.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
GottaLuvHerps
When seeing this thread, I did send an email to the show promoters, and got a very short and sweet response. Here are the emails, reads bottom up. I have not received an answer to my last email. To me, the whole thing sounds fishy...the Tampa show was post-poned as well now?

Also, I did not see the original contract post, but would love to see it with the CC info blocked out. Susan, if you need help, I am sure a mod would gladly help you do that.

To: Niles
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: More Information

Niles,

Can you please give me some more information by answering the questions I had below? Thanks!

Kelly Kordek
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Kordek's Kritters Information'
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:21 AM
Subject: RE: More Information

Tampa show was postponed

And yes there is availability at the other Florida shows

From: Kordek's Kritters Information [mailto:info@kordekskritters.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:11 AM
To: Fun@WorldPetExpos.net
Subject: More Information

Hello! I am writing to get more information on the Pet Expo you are planning to have in Tampa Bay on February 21 & 22.

Is this the first World Pet Expo, or have there been others? If there have been others, do you have information on the past shows, such as attendance, number of vendors, where it was held, etc?

Do you have a listing of vendors that will be attending?

Is this simply a show, or a show/sale? What type of animals are allowed?

Are there spaces still available? If so, how much do they cost, and what is included? Do you have spaces available at your other Florida shows as well?

Please let me know as soon as possible, as I may be interested in attending as a vendor at a future show. Thank you!

Kelly Kordek
Kordek's Kritters

Old 02-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
Susan S.
Here is a copy of the World Pet Expo contract with all private info removed.

Thanks Kelley for the info on the "postponed" Tampa Show. I wonder how many people are out money on that show?

There is something fishy going on with this company. The Sarasota police talked with Mr. John Whitfield, the second guy I dealt with and the guy that I think is heading up this company. He told the Sarasota police to tell me to call him the next day. I did not (he has someone screening his calls). The Tallahassee police thought he was shady but said there was no crime that occurred here so there was nothing they could do. I filed a complaint with the BBB and the FCC. FCC wrote me to say it is not their jurisdiction.

I still plan to appeal to the CC company for my money back. I will let you all know what happens.

Thanks to all for your help.

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
ophidile
Does the WORLD PET'S EXPO manual have any relevant information about vendor terms and conditions?

I have to agree with what others have said, the contract may say "non refundable" but I don't see how that can apply if they don't actually provide the expo at the stated date and location. If they don't provide the service, it's outright theft, "non refundable" or no. Perhaps the police will agree with you that an actual CRIME has taken place once this date is past and you have proof no such expo occurred at that location???

The mind boggles.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #19
GottaLuvHerps
Susan,

According to how I am reading that contract, you are entitled to your money back, no questions asked, as long as one little thing does not happen.

The first paragraph states that you and the exhibitor "enter into this agreement for the purpose of renting exhibit space as herein specified for WORLD PET EXPOS to be held in the city and on the dates as shown above."

Although it does NOT mention in the specified venue (which they could have gotten you on), it DOES mention the DATES on the contract as being the dates the show will be held. The very top of the contract shows the dates clearly as Feb 28-March 1. They are in clear breech of contract if no show happens in Tallahassee on those dates, and they should be required to refund your money. It actually could happen at any venue, but it MUST be on those dates somewhere in that city.

I find it interesting that they phrased the contract that way, however, as it actually DOES give them an out to move the venue on the dates, as long as it stays in the same city, and still not refund your money. A very shady way of recruiting vendors into a nice venue then saying "oops, gotta move it to the run down hall down the road, but we will still have a show" and you being out the money. "You" here being any vendor signing up for their shows.

Your best bet is to wait until next weekend, and as long as WPE does not hold a show in that city anywhere, you are fine. It may not, however, be a criminal matter, as a breech of contract is a civil issue. I would call them and ask them if they have the venue rescheduled for those dates, and get as much information as possible. If they say no, do not ask them about a refund or mention how the contract is phrased, but record it on paper (date, time, person you spoke with) and be ready for a fight.

Seeing as how you are all in the same area, it may be of your best interest to take it to civil court if the credit card company will not refund your money. I would call the police station and speak with them again, however, if no show happens on those dates in that city to see if there has been a crime committed. If not, take it to Judge Judy

Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #20
GottaLuvHerps
Another thought...

You may want to contact the IC3 (the federal branch of government that deals with internet crimes), as they DID advertise online without the intent of providing their service. Might be worth a shot...

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!