Amazon Reptiles of Tampa - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2002, 02:36 AM   #121
Dave Lawson
WTF

I HAD TO RESET MY PASSWORD TO SIGN ON.

Rich Z. , I do not know how but I someone hack and changed my password. how????????

I need to know the ip address and all the info that I can get on who ever did this, Is what they did legal and I press charges?

I have not posted under any name but my own, I never posted under T. Granger, giant keeper, Shelly Tanner or Billy Lane.

I do not know why anyone would do this but God help you if I find out who you really are. Remember God forgives, I don't!!!!!!!!

Can we find out who this person is????

Old 12-07-2002, 03:03 AM   #122
HerpVenue
Neil,
Does this Lara person exist?
Were you really looking at her boobs?
Was she a real person?

Because she knew all those people had the same IP.....but she did too. And to top it all off....there is NO WAY she could check their IP if she was on aol.

So what is up? an to think.....all thos people wrote that they wer Dave just as soon as she posted.

So If she is real....then you better post a pic or something. If not..then she is the same as the rest of them.

Old 12-07-2002, 05:08 AM   #123
CheriS
Dave

Scan your system with a good anitvirus scanner, its looks real likely that someone has a trojan on your system and has since October, I won't go into detail, but it is not hard to do. It is allowing them to access your system and anything you have cookies on. Having to reset you pass is because they changed it earlier to make that post under your name.

If you don't have a virus scanner on your machine, try this one that is online free.
Symantec Security

Scroll down to security check for home computers

This is a very reputable company that keeps udated on all the current trojans

Old 12-07-2002, 07:47 AM   #124
Neil Gubitz
Folks.... you guys KNOW my memory??? It REALLY sucks! I have NO short-term memory at all!.... BUT, I do seem to recall a lady with the name Lara come into the store, because I remember thinking of Superman's "other" girlfriend when she mentioned her name, and I also remember some nice "chalapas" on HER, too!! But, at the time, she never mentioned ANYTHING about the BOI, or I would have had an even better conversation with her.... that's probably why I don't remember too much about her....
I'm at a loss as to what's actually going on.... also, remember that I ONLY use WebTV.... I have NO computer at ALL!! You folks are on your own trying to figure THIS one out???

....Neil

Old 12-07-2002, 09:13 AM   #125
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I am really confused now. Why Would Dave get on here and Bash Amazon when in fact he was in the process of trying to help revamp the store and get it back on its feet? He was working with them to make it a better store after some problems with the last manager. It does not make sense that he would talk bad about the store when he was in fact working for them.

Old 12-07-2002, 09:14 AM   #126
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Wierd...

What is it about Tampa that all this intrigue and random whackiness has to happen there???

I am not totally sure about the identity theft thing, but I do find it very funny that all four people implicated as being Dave Lawson/Lara Chase ALL miraculously posted responses that they were Dave Lawson all within a 12 minute window of Lara Chase's post. Maybe it's just me, but it's aweful coincidental that ALL of these people happened to be on at almost the exact same time AND all saw the post at almost the exact same time, then also replied at almost the exact same time saying pretty much the exact same thing. Also, ALL of the people implicated signed up in either mid-October or November(except Dave Lawson of course), and as far as I can tell so far(haven't researched it fully yet and I could be wrong on this if anyone else cares to do more digging please do), the ONLY threads ANY of them have responded to involve Amazon Reptiles. I DO know this is true of "Luke Browning" aka giant keeper and also of Lara Chase aka Dark Villain. I do tend to believe that T. Granger is a real person, thouhg based mainly on the fact that Marc Farber spoke with him over the phone. I have NO clue how to track IP addresses or anything like that on this site, but depending on their ISP it can change and might just be a case of people catching the same one, but then again it might not.

Also, Luke, where did you go man? Who has been passing you info on Fernando to you of such a negative nature? And also, where are you located, Tampa or Atlanta? I noticed your location said both, so which is it? Or are you flying back and forth?

Something very fishy here. And Webslave, if you are going to elimiate people with hotmail accounts, will we get notice before you do this so we can change to something else? Just curious since I signed up using a hotmail address...but I know I'm ME

Old 12-07-2002, 09:46 AM   #127
Lucy Howard
T. Granger said :

Quote:
As I stated in my last post I did go to Amazon yesterday and I did talk to Mr. Lawson, He told me of some of the plans instore for the shop and some of the changes that have already been made and I am impressed. While I was there they were very busy with cleaning, feeding and a swarm of people buying animals and supplies. I ask him what he thinks of the snake pit and Neil and to my surprise He spoke good of the him and his store along with Josie's. After my visit I found Dave to be professional and polite. I think that Amazon will soon be the top dog in Tampa with Lawson at the helm.
Shelly said:

Quote:
I could not resist the invite by Dave Lawson, so I stopped by Amazon today. I walked up to this "BIG" guy and ask to see Mr. Lawson to my surprise he said "I'm Dave, what can I help you with". The reason this caught me off gaurd is the fact that people gave me the impression that Dave was this rude ogre type. But I found him to be very pleasant and easy to talk to.I told him who I was and introduced him to my son, the very next thing he did was to apologize over and over again for the past drama with Angela and he belayed the owners feelings as well. I spent almost a hour talking to him and he offered us a replacement reptile of our choice, which closer to Christmas we will be taking him up on.Over the entire time we were there talking to him about Angela and the people who e-mailed me (I gave copies to him) which all three people said nasty things about him, as he read them he only smiled but never said a bad thing about any of then but the other three are store owners in the Tampa area and they want to throw stones. To me that takes a big person to do that and a very professional on to. Amazon and Dave Lawson has new friends with me and my son.
They both said they had talked to Dave in person. If those people don't even "really" exist, they couldn't have done that.
So Dave, did or didn't these people talk to you at the store?? Tampa is beginning to look like that little city where all the bad/mysterious stuff happens in the Stephen King books and movies....the one in Maine. (forgot the name...lol)

Old 12-07-2002, 10:21 AM   #128
Dave Lawson
Lucy, I did meet and talk to people and they did tell me they were Tanner and Granger I also got a call a 6:30 am this morning from a guy saying he was Billy Lane. He wanted to know if I had any clues as to who did this and he wanted Neil's ph. numbers. From what I see is these people also visited Neil's. I would like to offer the white flag to Neil. Someone is bending over backwards to play Amazon against The snake Pit, why who knows but we need to work together to find out who and why.

Neil, here is my numbers :

Home: 813.788.9851
cell : 813.610.5393

Call me A.S.A.P. AT HOME. Lets bury the hatchet and find out who is behind this.

Lawson and Gubitz together again, I'm getting chills. The ball is in your court I'm waiting to hear from you.

Old 12-07-2002, 10:55 AM   #129
Neil Gubitz
I realize that this might seem like the world is coming to an end.... but, I called Dave BEFORE he posted that last thread to tell him that with everything that has been going on lately, and with all the anonymous phone calls I've been getting.... I think I owe him ONE HELL of an apology!!
I have to admit that Dave is probably correct when he says that SOMEONE is playing us against each other, and WE have a feeling we KNOW who it is! Of course, I'll probably have to stop "forcing myself on her"!.... roflmao
I invited Dave into the store today (which he accepted), so we can hash this out and get to the bottom of this! I'm sure we won't be able to get any conclusive evidence, but, it should be an interesting conversation with A LOT of good gossip!
But.... FOR THE RECORD.... I AM going to bury the hatchet with Dave.... if, for no other reason, than to promote a little harmony in Tampa for a change! At least between US!.... Even *I* thought that this was getting a little out of hand....
With all this said.... BE READY???.... I think that Hell is about to "freeze over" and all chickens will grow "LIPS"!.... lmao

....Neil

Old 12-07-2002, 11:52 AM   #130
Uffern
Here is the thing to ask, Neil and Dave, did Angie have access to Dave's comp? Is she savvy enough to place a keystroke recording program in one ore more computers, most likely not manually? Is she really the kind of person that could have the patience to do something like this? Think about it. The person hijacks between one and several accounts. Takes their time, posting several diffrent things, having to keep the personas straight, then, after however long, when they thought the time was right, the try to "expose" Dave as the person behind the other people. You have to be pretty smart, calculating, and patient to pull that off. Have someone in mind?

Now, factor in that in spite of this calculation and self control, they were not smart enough to "expose" Dave using a comp with a different IP.
It's like a guy that makes plans to rob a bank, down to the last detail, but forgets that the police station is across the street.

Things to think about:

1: This took time. Whoever did this wanted to get the two of you so bad, they took prep time and thought ahead.

2: It was obviously the person who hijacked those accounts that posted saying they were Dave. This person either is fairly computer savvy, or has help that is.

3: The fact that this person did not think to "expose" Dave with a comp on a different IP shows that either they are not the brains, or they think too much of their intelligence, and got cocky, overlooked it, just got too comfortable.

4: Dave says mutiple people did come in and present themselves as so and so. Which ones specifically came in? These people are in cahoots with Dark Villian.

5: Neil says that a Lara with the rack did come into the store. Either Neil stares at too many breasts, or this is the person posting as Dark Villian.

I would want to implicate Angie at first, but judging from the one time that I spoke to her, and from what has been said here, I don't think she is capable of this. Whoever did this spent hours contemplating it, setting it up in their mind. Playing one person off another is easy. Playing one entity off another in a public forum, starting with an inquiry and a dead snake is not quite as easy. The person who did this is most likely of slightly above average intelligence, and thinks highly of themselves.

Good luck, guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!