Relationship Insecurity.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
Relationship Insecurity....

Relationship Insecurity May Undermine Your Health

This article was posted on the front page of MSN so I thought I'd share it.

Quote:
In fact, those who felt insecure in relationships or avoided getting close to others appeared to have a greater risk of developing several chronic diseases, according to an analysis of data from the U.S. National Comorbidity Survey Replication.

Researchers studied survey data from 5,645 adults, ages 18 to 60, and found an association between "avoidant attachment" -- people who feel unable to get close to others or have others depend on them -- and chronic pain, such as frequent or severe headaches.

People who were insecure in their relationships had further risks. "Anxious attachment" -- a tendency to worry about rejection in relationships, feel overly needy and find that others are reluctant to get close -- was associated with a wide range of health problems, including heart-related diseases, such as stroke, heart attack and high blood pressure. Anxious attachment was also linked to a higher risk of chronic pain and ulcers.
If you would like to read the whole article:

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/...1546&gt1=31009

Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
deborahbroadus
Thankfully, that's NOT one of my issues (neither is stalking and over attachment)

Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
exactly why I plan to stay single for a good long time... my insecurity and trust issues never allow me to relax in a relationship. Such a shame. Ok, so feeling sorry for myself probably isn't helping my health either... lol

Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Heart and Soul Reptiles
So that's what that pain in my chest is.
This is Me to a tea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!