Where do your dogs sleep? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
Lucille
Where do your dogs sleep?

Snakes and lizards sleep in their racks. Birds sleep in their cages. Cats sleep where they please.

But dogs? Some owners do not allow dogs on their beds, so some dogs sleep on the floor, in crates, on the sofa.

On the other hand, the phrase 'Three Dog Night" was used to signify in cold climates that it takes that many dogs to warm up a bed enough to sleep. Of course some folks need no excuse at all and let their pooches just pile on the family bed and make themselves right at home.

How about you, where do your dogs sleep?

Old 11-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
LakesideBoas
The big lug would LOVE to sleep in our bed, but he's relegated to the foot of it in his own doggie bed. He will pounce all 75lbs of himself on you first thing in the morning when it's "time to go out" though! What a way to wake up from a sound sleep!

Old 11-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #3
Cat_72
Our 2 little ones hog the bed.....one on the pillow and one on my legs usually, lol. The Chesapeake is the ol man's hunting dog, so he sleeps outside, but he has a doghouse that's probably better insulated than our house is.....the Bloodhound and the Cur...well, it depends on their mood and the temps. Hound pretty much prefers outside unless it's sub-zero, and about this time of year, the Cur calls the couch her bed.....she'll mostly stay in until spring returns now.

Basically.......wherever the heck they want, lol. And as people think WE train DOGS. HA!

Old 11-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
Matt Haines
On the bed of course! Where else would they be.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #5
Jim O
The Pug and the Cocker sleep in the bed. The Sheltie and the Golden are on the floor. If I fall asleep on the couch, the Pug and the Sheltie hang out with me there.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #6
eddie1976
All three dogs and four cats sleep right in the bed. The pit-mix cannot fall asleep unless she is snuggled up to my wife under the covers. Make me jealous sometimes

Old 11-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #7
Bar None Reptiles
My aussie mix Jango sleeps ACROSS my bed, I am permitted to join him wherever I find room. His kitty Azriel sleeps next to him if not being used as a pillow. Matt's Shiba Haiku will curl up right next to me. And my other kitty will claim some bottom part of the bed. The problem arises when Matt finally decides to come to bed and there's no place left for him!

Old 11-12-2005, 08:29 AM   #8
CallDawg
both dogs and 2 cats onthe bed. i think it's their bed they just allow us to use it to

Old 11-12-2005, 08:32 AM   #9
KelliH
Our two sleep in bed with us, of course. Good thing we have a king size bed, Juno (boxer) hogs the covers and has to have his own pillow, I kid you not.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #10
hhmoore
I have too much dog around here to have them in/on the bed. They have a crate (which the presa frequents, and the pit only heads for when he has been bad,) their own bed (48x30, constructed of 8" of orthopedic foam and 2 layers of foam "eggcrate"), and the sofa. The sofa is only allowed I finally got disgusted with their loveseat and threw it out (yup, had their own loveseat). When I am in bed, it is usually surrounded. The pit, even though he is not allowed on the bed, makes himself quite comfortable. (another recycled photo, originally posted in Just For Laughs)
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!