Bad Guy Ripped off by John Fick in Dundalk Md - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #51
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda71692 View Post
well sir if you are watching me then you must know i have already contacted chad gray about my husband jonathan fickes' name being used by his little brother, his brother's gf, and his aunt mary!! my husband even contacted milo garcia who had commented on this thread!! my husband does not deal with reptiles since he moved away and if you would like me to send you any information to contact his brother who is scamming you then you can send me your number and he is willing to talk to you. my husband and i are expecting a son in april and he is not looking to go to jail for his brother scamming you guys!!
Prove it. Heard this song & dance a million times before and it never turns out to be true.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #52
Chad Gray
I have been contacted by someone named John Fick/s telling me his little brother Brian used his info to scam me and others. He has sent me info about Brian thru text. Once I can validate this information 100% I will update this thread and let everyone know either way. If John is not responsible for this mess I will also most definitely post here to clear his name. Give me a bit guys, things have become interesting.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #53
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Gray View Post
I have been contacted by someone named John Fick/s telling me his little brother Brian used his info to scam me and others. He has sent me info about Brian thru text. Once I can validate this information 100% I will update this thread and let everyone know either way. If John is not responsible for this mess I will also most definitely post here to clear his name. Give me a bit guys, things have become interesting.
Sorry Chad. I spoke with "Amanda" via PM for almost 2 hrs off and on. The story then flipped that I was speaking with both Amanda & John. Neither would produce an ID. I gave them an alternative way with instructions to verify their identity without an ID, and they could not/would not produce that either. The "Amanda" account is now banned.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #54
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Sorry Chad. I spoke with "Amanda" via PM for almost 2 hrs off and on. The story then flipped that I was speaking with both Amanda & John. Neither would produce an ID. I gave them an alternative way with instructions to verify their identity without an ID, and they could not/would not produce that either. The "Amanda" account is now banned.
Shocking.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:06 PM   #55
Turtle 77541
I see all of the red flags in hindsight. Here is my correspondence with Johnny Fickes:

On Aug 16, 2016, at 7:24 PM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, would you consider any trades for a pair of albinos,

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Not interested in trading too much except for maybe caramel pinks or any other red ear morph. What did you have in mind for trade?

Thanks, Jason

On Aug 17, 2016, at 5:43 PM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:
Would you trade the pair and another female for this caramel res? I only have hatchlings though. Let me know. Thanks.
BM

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,

Yes I would be interested in the trade. The caramel looks great in the photo but I cannot see the scutes and tail at that angle.

Are the scutes perfect and the tail normal?

Thanks,

Jason

B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> Reply Wed 8/17, 2:53 PM
Oh yea sorry. I was just wanting to get a pic and rushed. But yes, has no curl or kinks and perfect scutes.

Hi Brian,
So the trade would be a perfect scute and tail caramel pink hatchling for three perfect scute and tail albino red ears (1 male + 2 females)? These are this year's hatchlings but are already of decent size (around 2" in carapace length).
Let me know if this works and I can pick out a trio and send photos of them to you later this evening (at work at the moment).
Thanks,
Jason

B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> Reply Wed 8/17, 5:21 PM
Yes exactly. A 1.2 group of Albinos for one caramel, with perfect tail and scutes. Also where are you located? Honestly, I don't mind shipping if I have to but have never shipped before doing a trade. Don't know if you have or havent either just was wondering how that would work. If we're close enough, I'm all for meeting in person but if need be for shipping, I wanted to know how that would take place. And yea that will work. No rush. I'll wait to hear back from you this evening. Thanks.

On Thursday, August 18, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,

I hope these photos are ok. Not the best lighting but the best I can do at night.

On Aug 18, 2016, at 2:40 AM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Jason, yes the pics were fine. I'm actually not very picky as long as the tails and scutes are both perfect. I will trust your judgement on picking out a nice group. They all look the same basically at that age anyway. I'd like some well started, good eaters though. That's what matters most to me is that they're feeding well. The caramel is feeding on frozen bloodworms and reptimi sticks with added calcium and Vitamins. Also I'm located in Maryland so we will definitely have to ship. Which I don't mind, I would just like to know how we go about making the trade? I'm guessing we would each just cover our own shipping cost? That way we can just make an even trade? Let me know what you think. Also let me know when you were thinking about shipping. I'm in no rush, and my wife is home everyday in the mornings so I can be ready whenever you'd like. Just let me know. Thanks again Jason.
On Thursday, August 18, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,
Yes that sounds good. We can each pay the shipping for the trade.
I can ship out next week Monday - Wednesday. When is a good day for you to ship?
Thanks,
Jason

On Aug 19, 2016, at 3:04 AM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok. Great! Also, I meant to ask what you have them feeding on? And as far as shipping goes, I can ship out the same time as you if that works. Preferably next week Mon for Tues. But anyday should probably work. Just let me know if Monday will work and if not which day you'd prefer. Thanks again. We'll talk soon. Have a great weekend.
On Sunday, August 21, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,
I can ship Monday or Tuesday as well. The turtles have been feeding on Mazuri and Zoomed aquatic turtle pellets. I'll be at work all week during the day so I will probably have you ship to my parents address so they can bring the box inside from the heat right when the driver delivers. I will see what day is best for them to be home all day (Tuesday or Wednesday) and hopefully yours and mine schedule will workout to ship the day before.
Thanks and have a great weekend as well,
Jason
On Aug 21, 2016, at 11:03 AM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok. That will work. Just let me know which day is best. I can ship anywhere you'd like also so no problem there. I'll ttys. Just let me know which day you'd like to ship. Thanks again.
On Monday, August 22, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,
Tuesday ship for Wednesday delivery seems to be best for me this week. Please let me know if that works for you (if you can ship the caramel pink out on Tuesday and if you will be home on Wednesday to accept the albino red ears.)
Thank you,
Jason
On Aug 22, 2016, at 3:27 AM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Jason, Tuesday for Wednesday will be fine. Please send me your full name or whoever's name you'd like on the package, your phone number and your full shipping adress when you get a chance. Thanks.
On Monday, August 22, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,
Please ship the perfect scute and tail caramel pink to:
Jason Williamson
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX

Likewise, please email me your shipping name, address and phone and I'll ship out the 1.2 perfect scute and tail albino red ears to you tomorrow for Wednesday delivery.

Thank you,
Jason
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Jason, that works for me. I will plan on shipping out today. Once I've dropped off the package, I will shoot you an email with your tracking number. Please also do the same once you've shipped out the 1.2 group of albinos. If for any reason something comes up and your unable to ship them out today, please let me know asap. I am good to go though so will plan on shipping today for tomorrow delivery. My shipping information is...

Brian Michaels
2818 Plainfield Rd.
Baltimore, Maryland. 21222
(443)-912-3784
Thanks again! I will shoot you an email once I've dropped off. Talk to you soon. Have a great day!
On Aug 23, 2016, at 12:55 PM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Jason, would it be ok if we held off shipping until tomorrow for Thursday delivery? Sorry I thought I had cool packs but I don't have anymore. I'd rather not ship without one. Sorry for the late change up. I hope it doesn't change your mind. I just want to make sure it's shipped perfect so it can arrive just as it left. Just let me know if that will still work for you. Thanks. Sorry again, I could've swore I had one left. It's my mistake.
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,
Yes tomorrow works for me as well. I'll ship the 1.2 albino red ears tomorrow for Thursday delivery to you. I'll email you the tracking info tomorrow evening.
Thanks,
Jason

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok great! Thank you. I appreciate it. I just got a few cold packs so I will definitely be good to go to ship out tomorrow. I will send you the tracking info as soon as I get it. Thanks again Jason. Have a goodnight.

On Aug 24, 2016, at 6:54 AM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Jason, just wanted to touch base with you this morning and make sure we are still a go for shipping out today. I'm good to go, just wanted to double check before packing him up and what not. Thanks again.

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,
Yes we are good to go. I will ship the trio today. I'll email you the tracking info this evening.
Thanks,
Jason
On Aug 24, 2016, at 8:23 PM, B Michaels <bmexotics59@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Jason, package has been picked up. It will be there by 12:00 noon. For some reason 10:30am wasn't available. But no biggy, the caramel will be fine. Please let me know once it's arrived. Thanks again! Tracking info is...

XXXXXXXXXXX

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016, Jason Williamson <jaywilliamson@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Brian,
Yes we are good to go. I will ship the trio today. I'll email you the tracking info this evening.
Thanks,
Jason

Old 12-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #56
Turtle 77541
I shipped the trio and got a box full of paper in return.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #57
Robert Walker
Thank you Jason for posting this.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #58
lillyorchid
I used to live in Baltimore Maryland. I have put this Case Info website to much use over the years and just remembered about it. I hope it can help you all who have been scammed, maybe you can find more info on him, about him, and possibly someone to contact about him breaking the law still.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/
I typed in Fickes for last name and just put in a J for first name and looked for his name.

Also there is a Savanna "Amanda" Fickes in his case files too, which I have included.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #59
Pinky gecko girl
He has sent me several messages on several of my animals trying to trade before. I'm very glad I saw red flags when I could not track him down anywhere else and he could not give me info on any of his animals other than he said his brother raised them.
People like him suck..

Old 12-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #60
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky gecko girl View Post
He has sent me several messages on several of my animals trying to trade before. I'm very glad I saw red flags when I could not track him down anywhere else and he could not give me info on any of his animals other than he said his brother raised them.
People like him suck..
Glad you dodged a bullet!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
john fick, john fickes, jonathan ficmeyer