Bad Guy James/ Ember Gecko - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #61
Pouky28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouky28 View Post
The same excuse of heat pack was given to me wednesday by some one,a week before he said he was going to ship if we have at least 40, we had upper 50s and wednesday 45 overnight he didn't aswer my emails untuil 2'days later and said he didn't have heat packs.
Same cheap excuse.
I wont said how he is,but im still mad,he sell here.
Edited

Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #62
juliasara
Quote:
The same excuse of heat pack was given to me wednesday by some one,a week before he said he was going to ship if we have at least 40, we had upper 50s and wednesday 45 overnight he didn't aswer my emails untuil 2'days later and said he did have heat packs.
Same cheap excuse.
Is this about James of ember gecko?

Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #63
Pouky28
Quote:
The same excuse of heat pack was given to me wednesday by some one,a week before he said he was going to ship if we have at least 40, we had upper 50s and wednesday 45 overnight he didn't aswer my emails untuil 2'days later and said he did have heat packs.
Same cheap excuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
Is this about James of ember gecko?
It fits here because is an example of the same excuse been used,as is BS excuse.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #64
Kristi23
Quote:
It fits here because is an example of the same excuse been used,as is BS excuse.
It is not always an excuse. I've had to wait a few days for boxes because I needed a specific size for an order and I didn't have any. Sometimes we can just get low on shipping items. I try my best to have as much as possible, but something might slip my mind when ordering. I don't have an inventory being a small hobby breeder. Don't always assume it's a scam or anything like that. I know I've had to wait on shipping from a breeder in the past for a similar reason. As soon as their shipment came in, they shipped right away.

I'm not saying James isn't responsible though. As soon as he realized he didn't have any, he should have either asked around to get one or refunded the money right away and avoided this whole thread.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #65
Pouky28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
It is not always an excuse. I've had to wait a few days for boxes because I needed a specific size for an order and I didn't have any. Sometimes we can just get low on shipping items. I try my best to have as much as possible, but something might slip my mind when ordering. I don't have an inventory being a small hobby breeder. Don't always assume it's a scam or anything like that. I know I've had to wait on shipping from a breeder in the past for a similar reason. As soon as their shipment came in, they shipped right away.

I'm not saying James isn't responsible though. As soon as he realized he didn't have any, he should have either asked around to get one or refunded the money right away and avoided this whole thread.
Of course seller would defend sellers,but if you sell something a month in advance and a week before you say your shipping,there is no excuse for not having a heat pack,when they are available online and takes 3 days to come with priority shipping.
Best luck to the guy getting hes money back.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #66
juliasara
I agree with kristi, I've run out of shipping supplies before and also had to wait for shipments because a seller ran out of something. It happens to the best of us, I think the point kristi is making is its how you handle things shows your character. Knowing the op was making a special trip from outside the country to pick up the geckos on a specific date is different then someone who bought an animal and has to wait a few extra days to get it. I'm not saying making someone wait is right but in the op's case it should be handled differently then a sorry for making you wait a few days here's 10% back for your wait, which is what I typically do if I make someone wait an extra day or 2. In the op's case waiting a few days wasn't an option, someone who lives here is different.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #67
Kristi23
Quote:
Of course seller would defend sellers,but if you sell something a month in advance and a week before you say your shipping,there is no excuse for not having a heat pack,when they are available online and takes 3 days to come with priority shipping.
I don't defend sellers unless I see them being attacked unfairly. I was simply making a statement about supplies. I did not say that James was right for having run out. Just saying it can happen. I would not run out of something if I knew I was shipping soon. That would be for more of a surprise sale. I am not defending him in the least bit. I said he should have at least tried to find a heat pack and if he couldn't, he should have refunded the money right away. Heat packs usually take 4 days to get to me priority. Boxes take 5-7 days for some reason. Since he knew he was shipping at least 6 days ahead of time, there is no excuse for him running out of heat packs. Again, my point was that it happens sometimes and it doesn't make someone a crappy seller or a scam. No sale that far in advance should be an issue though. James had plenty of time to have his supplies ready.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:08 PM   #68
bcr229
The problem with this seller aside, since you have very limited availability due to your own travel into/out of the US, you may want to avoid purchasing animals and having them delivered over the winter months. The current weather forecast is for more snow in the mid-Atlantic Monday and Tuesday next week, so even if you were in the US to receive the animals it's not likely that they could be safely shipped.

Barring that, you could try to find someone here in the US who could receive the critters on your behalf, start their QT, and hold them until you're back in the US to pick them up.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #69
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
I don't defend sellers unless I see them being attacked unfairly. I was simply making a statement about supplies. I did not say that James was right for having run out. Just saying it can happen. I would not run out of something if I knew I was shipping soon. That would be for more of a surprise sale. I am not defending him in the least bit. I said he should have at least tried to find a heat pack and if he couldn't, he should have refunded the money right away. Heat packs usually take 4 days to get to me priority. Boxes take 5-7 days for some reason. Since he knew he was shipping at least 6 days ahead of time, there is no excuse for him running out of heat packs. Again, my point was that it happens sometimes and it doesn't make someone a crappy seller or a scam. No sale that far in advance should be an issue though. James had plenty of time to have his supplies ready.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #70
Lucille
Quote:
That is not how it works around here, and Kristi is one of the fairest people around.
It DOES happen, that supplies run out. And there WAS a fearsome storm in many places around that time. It is possible that the seller may not have been able to get the gecko ready, and you may not have been able to get in and pick up the geckos, depending on the day, as there were all sorts of transportation issues, air/car/truck, in many areas.
Under the circumstances, a refund would have been a fair solution.
I hope that your Paypal account is backed by a credit card, or that you can talk to your bank and file a chargeback. Because the gecko was paid for in payments, I would be surprised if Paypal allows a buyer protection escalation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!